Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: August – Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT

2425251_2024_Red_Team_Monthly_Sweepstakes_August_1920x600.jpg

We have another, question for you, Red Team!

What influences your decision to buy an AMD product? (e.g., price, performance, brand or all of the above? Feel free to elaborate.)

To enter the sweepstakes, simply click the reply button and answer the question, that’s it!

For August, a Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT GPU is up for grabs!

Good luck, everyone!

The August Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Thursday, August 1, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Saturday, August 31, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Read the Official Rules for more information and key dates.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
157 Replies
Manuseta
Journeyman III

I like the price to performance that AMD offers. Also I like that their new technologies are not behind a hardware paywall. But most importantly, i feel like I'm supporting a great group of people, that are working on cool stuff.

sunthoyt
Journeyman III

I love that the price to performance that AMD offers is unmatched. Another big influence is FSR 3, where any GPU can take advantage of this technology to expand their lifespans for all gamers. Go team red!

dryden
Adept III

"What influences my decision to buy an AMD product?  Product reviews from professional tech reviewers greatly impact my buying decisions when it comes to technology products. Price, performance, and needs are important factors as well. 

chadplusminus
Adept II

Performance, price, and not Intel. 

azulyri
Adept III

Price to performance, ideally all of the above in an AMD product!

ueiioei
Adept I

Excited for the August sweepstakes! For me, it’s all about the balance between performance and price. I love how AMD consistently delivers great value and top-notch performance. Good luck to everyone entering!

xihsiw
Adept I

Good build quality is influential for me.

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I would say price to performance, and back in the day AMD was always the underdog, and I love supporting the underdog. However, not so much anymore if you also take the console market into account, that are all running AMD. Also, AMD has the best community out there. Just saying.....

Ryzen 7800X3D - Radeon 7900XT - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
eugen_s66
Adept I

Mainly the price/performance ratio

Paluseye
Adept I

A good price to performance ratio is important. Good reviews and desirable secondary features (thermals, good mobos etc.) are close behind.

s10nel
Journeyman III

Gaming performance and cooling

Артём4
Journeyman III

I am an ordinary boy who does not have his own computer, but has a fierce desire to build it. AMD provides excellent conditions for this purpose.

Price out a cheap build for under $800 USD and talk to your parents about it being a learning experience for you.  There is still time to get the parts ordered and the computer built before you return to school from summer vacation, and then you can tell your friends that you built a computer over the summer break.  Hey, it might work if you push the 'learning experience' aspect.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
Thr0wnshade
Journeyman III

They're not gonna spontaneously fail on me XD(and they have much better efficiency and performance in general :D)

Dragokar
Miniboss

Good luck to everyone.

sjdgls
Adept II

Like performance of AMD CPUs and parts, don't follow crowd, don't buy Intel because so many people do because they know name.

Dilegit
Journeyman III

I personally prefer the software Ryzen Master! The ability to use the curve optimizer is fantastic, and the various stats about what is going on with my PC is far and away one of the best I've seen. Allows me to make sure I can safely overclock my system to get the most out of it. After years of using the Ryzen platform I don't think I could switch back.

darkchewie
Adept II

Price and performance first and foremost, followed closely by value, reliability, customer support, and longevity which are also important to me.  I just want to feel like I bought something that run the games I want to play now and into the future, last me for a good amount of years and feel supported by whomever makes it.  Basically the same criteria for any expensive purchase, really.

Eposey
Journeyman III

All of the above influences my decision to buy AMD products

The biggest reasons are price to performance and support (getting driver updates 7+ years after launch, getting many of generations of CPU for a socket like in AM4). I don't have an issue recommending AMD products as long as they stay competitive in these areas! 

0 Likes
sapsinoi
Adept I

I think the first option was always the performance jump for a decent price.

Then the innovations brought by the new architectures and the challenges to increase performance through overclocking.

I have never stayed with a computer on default settings 🙂

And this happened from the beginning: as I jumped from Pentium to K6-2, then from Pentium 4 to Athlon II, then from Haswell to Zen 2.

0 Likes
jdm
Adept III

Performance for the price range is a big consideration for me.

Brand matters, but that's because of the value one normally sees with AMD products.

fean98
Adept III

Three fans to cool down in the heat of summer, awesome.

drpluto
Adept III

stability / performance I have an amd ryzen 7 5800x .. no problems here

0 Likes
ZeddDK
Adept I

price to performance, was the reason i bought my amd processor and motherboard

along with really good pricing , compared to intel cpus and boards which were vastly overpriced at the time

when i was building my pc 🙂

0 Likes
Dimitron
Adept I

I'd say it's a combination of factors: price, performance, and longevity.

AM4 turned out to be an amazing platform.

If you bought a B350 motherboard back in 2017, you could still use it in 2024 with a drop-in upgrade to a 5700X3D.

And Radeon GPUs have great performance per price.

I'm personally waiting to upgrade to either RX 7800XT or RX 7900GRE hopefully later on this year.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 // ASUS TUF X570-PLUS // 16GB 3200MHz CL16 // EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
0 Likes
ODX-Burst
Journeyman III

Obviously, for the price if I had to buy a new GPU or CPU that's AMD

0 Likes
michael362
Journeyman III

I went with the 7800x3d processor because it was the fastest gaming processor you can get for gaming. I also own a 7800xt so that doesn't disqualify me from the sweepstakes lol? Not that i need another 7800xt but i could use a newer computer for my htpc machine which currently doesn't support windows 11 lol.

0 Likes
eliotpp1010
Adept I

Performance for the price – it's great for all the games I play, beating competitors by a comfortable amount

DtDrag
Adept II

All of the above, really. I look for something that performs well, at a good price, from a company that has a history of solid products and support.

Avid AMD user for years over Intel however the GPU side I have tried them in the past and they just got too hot and could never keep up with Nvidia, however I am waiting to see the new line and see if they hold up against them.

ZankokunaSekai
Journeyman III

Hello,

I have been choosing AMD time and time again since the first Ryzen CPUs launched, as I have been very happy using those. And I am trying to get an AMD GPU as well.

0 Likes
Uboo
Adept II

What influences your decision to buy an AMD product?

Here is what I consider when buying PC Hardware.

Price/Performance Ratio - the ratio of Price to performance.  I need to feel like for the money I spend, I am getting a great product with performance to match the price.   

Look - with a GPU or something other than a CPU, having something that looks great with RGB is amazing perks.

Quality - Knowing that what I am buying will last and won't break.
Purpose - The reason I am buying it fits my build and need
Useability - I will actually use the features and the hardware.
Promotions - Having a free game or something for no extra money is amazing.

Here is why I bought an AMD Product:

So I had an 8600k and recently switched to a AMD 7900x3D.  I was running into issues where I was maxing out the CPU.  For me I decided on AMD because that is what I started with over 10 years ago and I don't remember having problems maxing the CPU out.  I looked into the 7900x3D and also saw that it works really great with Video editing and streaming.  I have been also wanting to do more AI stuff and have been having some great results with 7900x3D and OpenWebUI and Ollama.  The Price/Performance ratio was just right as well.  I caught and amazing deal and was just gonna settle for the Ryzen 5 6700x but could not pass of the Price/Performance ratio.  The Quality/Purpose/Useability were all there.  The Motherboard I chose had 4 m.2s and was the 670e chipset and had a dragon on it. So the Look was there as well.  That is why I choose AMD product.

Only con I had was there was no Promotion or free game with the 7900x3D...Who doesn't like free stuff. 😜

Also in the back of my mind I still think about the Starfield and Avatar themed AMD GPUs. Those are a dream to have.  😉😉 AMD Promotions Dept 😉😉😉

0 Likes

Performance for price is definitely a big part of it, while also taking into account minimum performance needs.  For example, minimum VRAM or HDMI/DP output specifications can be a deciding factor not only for some gamers, but also many professionals.  Aesthetics can be a factor.  Some products are just beautiful to look at!  Some images or logos are too dark!  Serviceability or repairability, with the company's direct help or advice, is a nice to have.  Is dust removal safe and easy?  Are fans, thermal pads or thermal paste durable and possible (easy?) to replace?  Longevity is also part of performance for price.  Brand name can be important too.  A dependable brand that makes a quality product (not for planned obsolescence), and stands by it with drivers, tech support, service and advice for years to come, is worth 10 other brand names! 

0 Likes
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

What influences my decision to buy an AMD product?  The price to performance ratio and/or availability.  This was especially true for my existing 6800 XT.  At the time, the only things available from that other company were so obscenely overpriced that I refused to buy them.  So, I went Team Red and haven't looked back.

0 Likes
bwest60
Adept II

Still not up to speed, but what have works, to knock on wood and no blue screen.

0 Likes
zero_x1
Adept II

Price and performance.

0 Likes
TheRealFame
Adept II

Price to performance! As well as how good it's 3d graphics is, As while game developing. I need the best performance I can get without making myself go broke!

Messiah Oliver
0 Likes

What influences my decision to buy AMD?  For what seems like forever at this point, AMD has been the "best for your buck" option on the market and even as the performance has improved generation over generation, narrowing the gap between AMD and their competitors, the prices have remained fairly consistent in being excellent value for the money.  Buying AMD, especially these days, I don't feel like I'm compromising to save money, rather, I'm just getting great performance at a really good price.

Where AMD GPUs are concerned, I have to say, I feel like both Sapphire and PowerColor have been absolutely killing it with some solid cooling, excellent reliability, and top notch customer service (in those rare instances where it's needed), and those are both exclusively AMD partners.  So, in addition to getting that stellar price to performance, I just feel way more comfortable and confident buying an AMD GPU because of the quality associated with those partner brands.

And when it comes to CPUs/motherboards, I appreciate AMD's commitment to supporting motherboards beyond just a single generation of CPUs.  If I had to buy a new motherboard every time I wanted to upgrade my CPU...well, I'd either upgrade way less often or I'd start considering AMD's competitor.  And, honestly, I just appreciate the reduction of e-waste afforded by being able to keep a motherboard across multiple generations.  It's a small thing, but it really matters.

0 Likes
leks_
Adept I

I like red color.

0 Likes