Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

HYTE Up Your Setup Sweepstakes | Day 3

Hey Red Team, 

It is day 3 of our HYTE Up Your Setup Sweepstakes! We're keeping the fun conversations rolling, with a chance to win great goodies 🙂 

You have 24 hours starting now until Thursday, January 26th at 12 pm CST for a chance to win:

• 1 HYTE water bottle
  • 1 HYTE Desk mat
  • 1 AMD Red Team Dog Tag
  • 2 AMD Sticker Sheets
  • 1 pair of AMD Cufflinks
  • 1 AMD Hat

Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Reply to this post by answering: When building your PC, what's one accessory or part that really put the cherry on top for your build?
  2. Hit "Reply" and that's it! 

giphy.gif

Best of luck! 

- Amber 😄 

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older members of the AMD Community forum. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit AMD HYTE Up Your Setup Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
1 Solution
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Hey everyone, 

I think you all have given me ideas for my next PC build from your answers... rip my bank account. 

Day 3 is now closed! Big congrats to @greydog5  🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

View solution in original post

62 Replies
rtbh99
Challenger

its gotta be the lighting, if you cant see the build whats the point!

---
lets talk about rtbh99
Weber462
Challenger

Brown Noctua fans  😘

Seen as I'm in Ireland, a GPU as they are hard to come by. As is everything PC related.

Maybe living in the US is a priority now

Those have got to be the UGLIEST fans out there. I'll happily take the black Industrial models or the grey ones. 

Performance over Pretty.
greydog5
Adept II

when I close the case and everything starts up right

FMB
juststew
Adept II

It is a Blue Ray drive for me so that I can watch my movie collection on my pc. 

kataztrophik
Adept II

Custom Power Cables

n00bert0
Adept II

zip ties/straps to tidy up all the cabling

derbycrown
Adept II

For me it would be that last click of the build. It's always the last one for me and it's the Graphics card! To feel that last snap in is when things are about to happen because it's fire it up time!

gotgrant
Adept III

a good Mechanical Keyboard with RGB BABY!

Darkness_Angel
Adept III

Definitely a nice screen to go into the case!

v/r
Louis Imbrogno
Linux Administrator/Application administrator
Dpt. of Army Civilian, former ET NAV submarines U.S. Navy.
bobpi
Adept III

It has to be the motherboard (mainboard). It defines the rest of the system.

storm1978
Adept III

My motherboard, the awesome ASRock X470 Taichi.

CPU:R7 5800X on Noctua U14S Push/Pull Config, MB:Asrock X470 Taichi, RAM: G.SKILL FlareX 32gb(4*8) 3200C16 , SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb m.2, Samsung 860 QVO 1TB HDD:WD RED 6TB, GPU: Sapphire RX5500XT PULSE 8gb,  PSU:CORSAIR RM750 (2019), CASE: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Rgb.
Domer94
Adept I

I like a good mouse. If that's not right, the whole PC feels inferior.

Rfcvandeveer
Adept I

Cable mod or Asia horse cable extentions. Also depending on the build...if it's rgb I choose a white case or light color but my stealth builds using be quiet I enjoy the all black with maybe a red led strip m

drbobuk
Adept I

The fine balance between sound dampening and optimal airflow.

ziggcycle
Adept I

the sounds of the fans for the first time letting me know we are ready to take off

Jodisheintul
Adept I

Definitely RGB lighting. It completes my 4 monitor setup 

bgnass
Adept III

Sticker with the inscription AMD. This is the best.

aaadreveno
Adept I

I think a few small stickers or magnets put the cherry on top of my builds. By the time everything is put together, art customization really sets apart my builds from others with identical parts.

camogeko
Adept II

Cable ties.

-----
B550 Unify - 5800X3D - 7900XTX - 32GB RAM
-----
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Cable extensions are what I think makes a PC look it's best. The big bulky cables that come with PSUs are an eyesore and you can pick nearly any color to give the PC a nice accent for your overall theme. I bought silver last time because it just reflects whatever RGB theme I make and matches. You could also go with the Lian Li RGB cables too if you really want to go crazy with it.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
sjdgls
Adept II

AMD stickers, and steelseries keyboard.

cpjoseph77
Journeyman III

I live team red!

bc-redteam
Adept I

Lighting everywhere: fans, memory, etc.

Vynski
Exemplar

I would have to say the CASE.  Lighting and water cooling and all of the RGB stuff is useless if the case can't show it off.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
Genieboy47
Adept I

For me it is the stickers my kids put on.  They love to take all my product stickers and maybe a few my little pony stickers and plaster them on the new build 🙂

Key-J
Paragon

I just like it when the lighting looks nice. It doesn't have to be flashy or fancy.. just nice

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I get the biggest pleasure in seeing the first video signal.  That means everything critical is working.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
Kakafu
Adept II

AMD Cufflinks ? hand to put on my Glasses thought it was Handcuffs ..lol Need to lock down my Computer.  Send it .. lol

trickfred
Adept II

The case itself. Been so fussy about it over the last decade I've used the same one for the last three builds.

(FYI it's a Corsair Vengeance C70. Just don't make them like they used to!)

Three cases I like, Corsair Carbide AIR 540 or Crystal Series 680X, Lian Li O11 Dynamic, and Metallic Gear Neo Cube.  This HYTE case resembles all of these wide format cases that have GREAT airflow.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
terminalgain
Adept II

A good cooling solution for the cpu that isn't space hungry helps to keep airflow good and the cpu nice and cool.

johnny_cee
Adept II

led fans

NTurnbullJr
Adept II

Royal blue lighting on the fans

Moist
Adept III

I really like to order custom cables to just have that finishing touch to a build.

ZwickNasty
Adept I

Brown/maroon spinners 

A5EA6234-8C7A-4CD6-AE9E-EB4F9152012A.jpeg

jamesc359
Forerunner

A mechanical keyboard and a decent mouse. They always complete the build.

azulyri
Adept III

Clean cable extensions! Good cable management goes a long way!