Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

12 Days of Christmas - Day 7 Giveaway!

Hey Red Team, 

It's Sunday Fun Day and you know what that means... time for Day 7 of our 12 days of Christmas giveaway! We even have a new addition to the prize pool below!

You have 24 hours starting now until December 19th at 12 pm CST for a chance to win:

Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Reply to this post with the best gift you ever gave someone. (In your opinion!)
  2. Hit "Reply" and that's it! 

bobsgift.gif

Good luck everyone! 

Wally_AMD_1-1671384406937.png

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older members of the AMD Community forum. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit AMD Red Team's 12 Days of Christmas. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

1 Solution
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Hey Red Team! We enjoyed reading through all the comments and the variety here - from physical gifts to families growing in size, it was a real treat!

I've closed the comments and will update this post when the winner has been confirmed so stay tuned!

And if you want another chance to win, check out Day 8's post!

UPDATE: Congratulations to @gonefishn as the random winner for Day 7! Woop woop! 😎

View solution in original post

112 Replies
BlackDraft
Adept I

I think that's for the recipient/s to judge, so not sure.

This one's difficult. I stress a lot about gift giving, but my parents say my presence is the best present I can give them

Eron221
Adept I

I got my best friend the Assassin's Creed 3 Collector's Edition he wanted!

rtbh99
Challenger

i gave my husband a mechanical keyboard a few months ago and he just recently told me its the best keyboard hes ever used. a ducky one two with red switches 🙂

---
lets talk about rtbh99
finagle
Adept I

Bonsai tree

tstec
Adept III

I don't know but i gave pretty nice gifts to my wife and kid.

Maybe family happiness, at least i feel this is best gift they have given me

tasg123
Adept I

Everybody loves money, so that?!

Giving money is an easy way to gift. It requires no thought, but I do agree, since people are sooooo picky or won't tell you what they want.

Moist
Adept III

Best gift/gifts I ever gave someone was a few years ago when I was working for EB Games. I was able to buy one of each of the new consoles XBox Series X and Playstation 5. I gave the Xbox to my brother and Playstation 5 to my sister.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gave my girlfriend an iMac 24" (For this Christmas, so she gets is on Sunday) as she has never had a desktop computer, she only had a 12" Mac Book.

blazer
Adept III

The best gift I ever got was a Son 👨‍👦

Sorry, I meant the best gift I ever gave was a kid. 👨‍👦

I recommend that you just update the original Post ... it keep things from being confusing.  🙂

InfoManWD
Weber462
Challenger

I don’t know.  

da_gaymer
Adept I

I'm awful at making gifts...

norms360
Adept I

Very tough one! One of the best I’ve given is maybe a block building set for my son, simply because we have spent so many hours making all sorts of shapes and towers etc and we still get it out now and again!

-fusion-
Adept I

Got a friend of mine a rare limited edition that was sold out everywhere. He couldn't believe he got his hands on one after all.

Snugglepuff
Adept I

Judging by their reaction, it was the PlayStation 4 for my son.

x_lol
Adept I

Buddy's first car, I guess. Didn't pay in full, but helped him out with the missing cash.

Mcornford
Adept II

I'm not 100% sure it was the best gift, but they sure liked it. A trip to the Dominican Republic. 

bcmurray
Adept II

The best gift I can give to anyone is to avoid them because I'm so toxic.

I think YOU are probably the best gift a LOT of people could ask for!! 

BeSh0
Adept I

Bought a hamster for my nephew. He was as happy as could be and the parents were okay with it, too.

venaur
Elite

The best gift i ever gave was an AMD PC build to my nephew for Christmas. He even helped us build it and enjoyed learning how to do it 🙂

markl116
Adept II

Subscription to PC Gamer.

I can't think of an exact gift but my brother really liked the Xbox 360 I got him when they were new.

I went to different stores in the city to get all the Funko pops for a collection my wife wanted. It was available online but for inflated prices and she couldn't find them anywhere. When she got them for Christmas she cried and was super thankful. 

Jsocalzx11
Adept I

The best I gave to my mom. Was a sock reindeer I made in 1st grade. She still has it out every year and I remember at that age how much effort I put into it.

Breach
Adept I

A copy of World of Warcraft I've given to a friend might be both the best and worst gift he's ever received.

caerbannog
Adept III

A hand decorated teddy bear

An AMD gift pack including:

1 MSI Thunderbird Plush

1 AMD Red Team Dog Tag

1 AMD Sticker sheet

1 iBUYPOWER Water Bottle,

1 iBUYPOWER Desk Mat

1 ASUS ROG T-Shirt (L)

1 The Callisto Protocol game code

They loved it. If only I could receive such a unique and amazing gift(s). 

0 Likes
John-Prevette
Adept II

Best present ever ... hmmm, this is going to be hard and it is a tie in this case!

#1a.  I built a Train Table for my son when he was 3 years old.  He came down the stairs, and saw it running over to it, and he built trains all day long.  Through breakfast, through lunch, and through supper (he had some quick snacks) and then he laid down by it with a pillow and crashed.  Dad scored big on that one!  It was engineered so that I (225+ pounds) could stand on it, it had carriage bolts, 4x4 posts, and 3/4 inch plywood.  It was the bomb!  ‌‌💣 

#1b.  I bought an Alienware gaming laptop for my son for getting over 1,100 Advanced Reader (AR) reading points for 5th grade graduation.  It had a 17" screen, dual video cards, and a "power brick" that was bigger than an actual brick!  We upgraded the HDD to an SSD and it was a screamer for the day, 11 years ago. He was a major force from then on out at all LAN/sleepover parties.  💪

InfoManWD
tosblackdeath
Adept III

I got my mother a mothers ring with real stones of the birth month of us 4 kids, of course which i'm 60 now but she still has it, and cried when i gave it to her

rockym20
Adept II

I gave my wife a Jack Russell Terrier puppy.  Amazing dog that we had for 16 years.

mrpipster
Adept II

The best gift?

I think the Gift of Life, or at least saving someones life.

As a Lifeguard at a local Pool.

kataztrophik
Adept II

A custom made Spider-Man figure for my brother

0 Likes
KAPPY
Adept I

My best present is my presence;)

azulyri
Adept III

Apple Airpods!

BigBoss98