Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

12 Days of Christmas - Day 7 Giveaway!

Hey Red Team, 

It's Sunday Fun Day and you know what that means... time for Day 7 of our 12 days of Christmas giveaway! We even have a new addition to the prize pool below!

You have 24 hours starting now until December 19th at 12 pm CST for a chance to win:

Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Reply to this post with the best gift you ever gave someone. (In your opinion!)
  2. Hit "Reply" and that's it! 

bobsgift.gif

Good luck everyone! 

Wally_AMD_1-1671384406937.png

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older members of the AMD Community forum. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit AMD Red Team's 12 Days of Christmas. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

1 Solution
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Hey Red Team! We enjoyed reading through all the comments and the variety here - from physical gifts to families growing in size, it was a real treat!

I've closed the comments and will update this post when the winner has been confirmed so stay tuned!

And if you want another chance to win, check out Day 8's post!

UPDATE: Congratulations to @gonefishn as the random winner for Day 7! Woop woop! 😎

View solution in original post

112 Replies
TR2
Adept III

I got to thinking about the gifts I have given over the years and and the only one that stands out is "Time". I am a little older and maybe it doesn't sound like much but time is a gift that can not be bought and has to be given freely or its not a true gift. People always remember the good "times" and it is the good "times" that put a smile on our faces. With friends and family it is the "times" that we really remember. So my hope for you and yours this Christmas is a really good "time".

wraithford
Adept I

The horrible tree ornaments that I made as a kid that my parents continue to hang every year.

emperor
Adept III

It is yet to come... building my son's first PC... AMD of course!

Scxnnie
Adept I

I gave my gf a cold sore 😜

Kakafu
Adept II

🎅Out looking for Rudolph ..

0 Likes
Hammbonez
Adept II

wow this is a hard one, because the greatness of the gift is dependent upon the recipient. with that being said, I believe the best gift I have given would be the gift of life. My wife and I have 2 beautiful, wonderful children. We both contributed, obviously, but it takes 2 for this gift to be created.  

8rand0
Adept II

Concert tickets

0 Likes

This is kind of a hard one.  I gave my then-girlfriend (now wife) an acoustic guitar (plus all the stuff that goes with it) for Christmas, the same year I proposed to her.  It was a great gift (probably the one I put the most thought and effort and money into giving someone), though to be honest, she never practiced enough to get particularly good at it, haha!  If I asked my wife, she might say the best gift I've given her is the Ninja specialty coffee maker I gave her last year for Christmas, because that's probably the thing I've given her that she uses the most!

SuperPet007
Adept II

Paid off someone's semester fee! most satisfying feeling ever for a gift 🙂 the second best feeling was giving my mom an iPad so she could talk with all her friends and kids

ZeusCell
Adept I

My love, my time, and my sincere good luck to everyone. Mary Christmas and Happy New Year.

58.jpg

ZeusCell
Browork
Adept I

I had just got a new computer in November, so I gave my old (5 year old at the time) computer to my 13 year old cousin for Christmas. Personally I didn't think much of it, but she used and loved that computer another 8 years before it died on her. I'm told she spent 90% of her free time on that computer. When she was 16 I even spent another $200 on that computer and upgraded her video card for her and Christmas that year. She loved that computer and was devastated at 21 when it died. When I told her it wasn't worth the money to fix it.

AlwaysHigh27
Journeyman III

Think it was a thing I got made with a map and some string with names in both of our cities and the string connecting us with a little airplane. Was in a long-distance relationship. 

superchip3
Adept II

A kitchen aid mixer that is what she wanted so nailed it

0 Likes
bgnass
Adept III

The best gift is to wish someone health and luck. I wish all users and AMD health and luck.

Brian-Emmons
Adept II

a teddy bear with "I Love You" on its paw

0 Likes
ocel0t
Adept I

my respect

cloudkidj
Adept I

I think the best gift i've given was a nintendo switch with mario kart and animal crossing

RiverMouth
Adept II

I gave a m8 a hard drive when he needed one.

o7 in local
Zarabeth
Adept I

Last year I joined in on the Imgur Secret Santa. I got a random stranger and bought him gifts and sent them off. I love giving gifts, and hunting down things that I hoped would at least make him smile was a lot of fun for me.

gonefishn
Adept II

The best gift I ever gave someone was my time - AND I'LL NEVER DO IT AGAIN.

Ocelly
Adept I

The best gift is just spending time with family

kgiagias
Adept I

I can remember a big electric crane when I was small kid.

redneckpoet
Adept II

I once gave my neice a giant stuffed (animal) alligator and it was an instant hit. 

andyliu
Adept II

my chance to purchase 3080 from EVGA w/ MSRP when my friend was in need for graphic card during the graphic card shortage.

was never able to get another chance till maybe 1.5 year later and was using my 980 for the time being. 

amd001
Adept I

Spending time with family

mikagee
Adept II

My first gaming console. The Xbox!

gear762
Adept I

A new computer for others is always a great gift I enjoy giving!

KRATOS777
Adept I

I gifted my friend my own  gameboy color when we were in like 5th grade , he was so happy that day

HeyitsCujo
Adept I

While we were dating, I was able to find and buy a Playskool stuffed animal that my now wife had lost growing up. Seeing her reconnect with her favorite childhood friend was worth all the effort! 

soullodolo
Adept III

I gifted a Meta Quest 2 VR headset that I think offers a very unique experience hard to be replicated.

Ryzen 7 5800x (Desktop), Ryzen 7 6800H (Laptop)
ThreeDee
Paragon

I'm pretty sure coming out alive was the best gift I could have ever given my mom

..and for my wife .. it was probably my daughter ... maybe 😃

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

How about the 2 best Christmas presents that I received.  Our first child my wife delivered a baby boy on December 6 in a heavy snow storm.  Then 3 years latter she delivered our second boy on December 15.  

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
smithdw2026
Adept II

I think the best gift I gave to my wife at least is an engagement ring. I proposed to her on her birthday and my son had her close her eyes and cover them while I got into position on one knee with the ring ready to surprise her when she opened her eyes. 

jamesc359
Forerunner

This is a surprisingly personal question; but I think the best gift I ever got anyone was the pocketknife bought my dad for Christmas. He had lost his not long before that and I think it meant a lot to him.

slowdive
Adept II

I gave my buddy a Vader Atari 2600 and 30 games

0 Likes
ydcontests
Adept I

Best gift I ever gave to someone was a laptop that they needed but couldn't afford.

0 Likes
DrDikimbe
Adept II

A San Antonio Spurs beanie!

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I don't really keep tabs on what I give people. One Christmas comes to mind where I let my friend who was homeless sleep at my place Christmas eve. I don't know. Like I said I don't keep track of what I do for people. I'm not the kind of guy who thinks too much about things. I just do what I can.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
ozleem
Adept I

Buying new t.v. for my parents

0 Likes
trefenwynd
Adept I

a laptop

0 Likes