Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

12 Days of Christmas - Day 4 Giveaway!

Heya Red Team, 

Everyone is sleighin' it with these responses, and it's time for more fun with Day 4 of our 12 days of Christmas giveaway!

You have 24 hours starting now until December 16th at 12 pm CST for a chance to win:

Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Reply to this post with what your favorite holiday movie is. (Big Die Hard and Home Alone fan over here.)
  2. Hit "Reply" and that's it!

homealonegif.gif

Good luck everyone! 

🎅

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older members of the AMD Community forum. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit AMD Red Team's 12 Days of Christmas. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

1 Solution
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for joining in on some Day 4. There are so many great movies here.

I've closed the comments and am happy to share that @DylanM is the Day 4 winner! 😁 Congratulations!

If you want another chance to win, check out Day 5's post!

View solution in original post

123 Replies

Christmas is my favorite holiday (I'm one of those people who puts the tree up the instant Halloween is over), so I'm watching Christmas movies pretty much every night in December.  Favorites?

Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas
Miracle on 34th Street (the original 1947 version)
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
A Charlie Brown Christmas
The Muppet Christmas Carol
It's A Wonderful Life

and, of course, you gotta include:

Die Hard
Lethal Weapon
The Nightmare Before Christmas
and
Gremlins

lorddarkhelmet
Adept III

A Christmas Carol 1951 in black and white . Have many others ,  One thing about these new generation of movies , you don't see many if not any instant classics that will be watched for years after they came out esp Christmas movies . Sad

White Christmas too!

Ocelly
Adept I

Die Hard and Home Alone as well, and the Polar Express

ArchWolf
Adept I

White Christmas

Sanguinum Immortalis
emperor
Adept III

Both Die Hard and Home Alone even though I've watched them like a million times now 🙂

Vynski
Exemplar

Citizen Kane (Rosebud)🤔

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
jamesc359
Forerunner

I'm a HUGE HUGE HUGE Die Hard fan, but even I have to admit it's not really a holiday movie. It just happens to take place during the holidays.  I accept that I will be banished to the snowbank now.

That said I'm very fond of A Christmas Carol (1984) and A Garfield Christmas. Both are very heart warming tales and who doesn't love Garfield.

Happy Holidays everyone!

home alone  

n00bert0
Adept II

Defintely going with Die Hard. It's a nice change from typical Christmas movies

cloudkidj
Adept I

Gotta give it to how the Grinch stole christmas, it's a classic!

painfulsplit
Adept I

Gotta go with good old It's A Wonderful Life

caerbannog
Adept III

Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

Although not a typical choice, this film does double duty as both a Halloween & Christmas film. (For me at atleast)

mikagee
Adept II

Home Alone is one of the classics. You can never forget the face reactions from all the traps!

aslan21771
Adept I

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe with Father Christmas and the reindeer and the presents for the children in Narnia during a 100-year winter--YES!! and It's a Wonderful Life!!

blazer
Adept III

I am also a Die Hard and Home Alone fan 😁

ZeusCell
Adept I

2003 Elf -- Will Ferrell is so funny on this movie.

2013 Elf.jpg

ZeusCell
Fistfulofsteel
Journeyman III

Oh you know it's Die Hard. It's the one and only.

0 Likes
tstec
Adept III

Hi. 
Nightmare before Christmas 🫥

xdayxstarx
Adept I

The Thing from 1982. snow, alien's and a dog what more could you ask for 

Fax86
Adept I

Home Alone!

Eron221
Adept I

The Nightmare Before Christmas

printerwall
Journeyman III

Many thanks. First and foremost, always express gratitude when you win anything. I can't tell you how many times I get the winner's name and that's it, no thank you or anything else like sublimation paper.

Browork
Adept I

The Nightmare Before Christmas of course

Bad Santa!!🤶

brutcha
Adept I

I would pick Three Wishes for Cinderella. It's pretty popular here in mid-east Europe and Norway for some reason. A lot of snow, beautiful cinderella, and historical costumes. Czechs and Germans made it in the 70s, and it has a great vibe.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Norway is a beautiful country.  We saw a world championship bicycle race in Bergen a few years ago.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
kataztrophik
Adept II

Klaus, it's a newer movie but one I've watched every year since it released!  

AlexGB56
Adept I

Home alone 3

trefenwynd
Adept I

Die Hard

Die Hard is ok

kgiagias
Adept I

Scrooged with Bill Murray!!!

Hammbonez
Adept II

Christmas Story

BleachWhite
Adept I

Groundhog Day and Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights. They stuck with me since I was a kid.

Bullfrog78
Adept I

A Christmas Carol.  

bcmurray
Adept II

Garfield Christmas.

deadbolt
Adept II

I've watched this movie every Christmas season since 1983, My favorite movie/classic is A Christmas Story.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085334/ 

Slayerman
Adept I

usually, something like a Dr Seuss, like Lorax or Horton Hears a Who

wraithford
Adept I

Christmas Vacation is a must watch every year for my family.

infotree
Adept I

Die Hard is my favourite Christmas movie! But with freshly popped popcorn and butter!  Wishing all of you the best of luck in this great AMD contest!