cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Resources

blazek
Volunteer Moderator

How “Friends” works

The AMD Community Platform’s version of friends is similar to the well-established Contacts of MS Outlook or similar email messaging services. The Friends component is found on the “My Profile” page.

How to view the list of Friends:

1. Click on your avatar and select “My Profile” in the dropdown menu.
  2. Scroll down the page to view the “My Friends” component.
  3. Click on the right arrow to view the list of all the friends.

How to add a member of the community to your Friends (Contacts) list:

Note, adding a friend means you have added a member to your contacts list. This feature is designed to allow members of the community a quick way to send a private message to members who have been added as a friend to your Contacts.

1. Click on the username of the member you wish to add to your Friends list
  2. Click on the “Friend” button found on the right side of the page.

How to block a member of the community:

Note, blocking a member means that the member can no longer add you to his/her contacts.

1. Click on the username of the member you wish to block.
  2. Click on the “Block” button found on the right side of the page.

How to unblock a member of the community:

1. Click on the username of the member you wish to unblock.
  2. Click on the “unblock” button found on the right side of the page.

When any of the above actions are performed check the “My Friends” component to confirm you have successfully added, blocked, and/or unblocked a member.

5 Replies

This is one of my favorite features. 😄 Friendly shoutout to all - friend me! The more the merrier. 😁

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •

This is what I read:

@Ashley_AMD wrote:

Friendly shoutout to all - friend me! The more the merrier. 😁

This is what I think:

wildly-popular-some-call-me-beloved-dan-levy

😛 

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Oh, that's mad chills. I might check this feature out in the future. But let me derail the thread for one quick second!

Sup wit a Dark mode, though?! 😁

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

I think Khoros (the software being used) would need to implement on this end and then make it easy for communities (and their users) to toggle the theme accordingly. Otherwise the community owners would likely have to do a lot of custom development work to apply their own optional theming.

In the meantime, I can't live without the Dark Reader browser extension, it makes the web a significantly more pleasant place, and your eyes thank you for it 🙂

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

giphy.gif

me waiting for y'all to add me

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
0 Likes