Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

povert
Journeyman III

What do you recommend?

Hello people.

I appeal to the community interested in developing RPR for Blender.
For me, 3D hobby, doing something wrong, I find bugs.
Purchased Radeon VII, the map is playing.
In Blender (cycles eevee), it works.
But the card, in fact, is not used for 100 %
Games load the video card more than rendering.

I thought that this Blender (cycles eevee) and Radeon are not best friends.
There is the same RPR.
Render from the developers.
That's where the map will be able to fully reveal their talents.

At the moment, I found several errors.
The object is not rendered.
A quarter of the screen has much less noise in the rendering view.
I don't want to talk about program crashes.
Night mode crash in Windows when Blender crashes.

And I can still find bugs.
Of which, the most annoying, the video card is not used at 100%

Honored forum, not in sight that people interested in the fate of RPR.

What do you recommend?
Will there be a result if you report bugs to developers?

English is not my language, the computer translated it.
Sorry if the text is hard to read.

0 Likes
4 Replies
admin
Adept II

Judging by the " answers", the community is not interested in further development of RPR.
 I don 't see the point in writing bug reports.
 The project "dead" (((

0 Likes
jl5086
Elite

Well, between the translation issue and the absolute lack of any details (about your system, RPR version, actual problem details) there is very little chance anyone here will be able to help you.  This communinty forum is mostly just other users, and a couple of AMD employees who work on the ProRender project (and probably other stuff).  They most definitely do update and improve these render plugins, and ProRender has had many improvements in the last year or so.  Something to keep in mind though, is that, A) This software is free of charge.  B) They are dealing with an ever evolving piece of open source software on the Blender side.  C) While OpenCL is designed to work on a wide variety of systems, that flexibility means you really do need to know the full specs to diagnose the cause of the problem.   So all I can really suggest is to try to find a way to get more helpful details about the issue you are having, and your system itself. Also, if you don't get any responses, maybe try a different approach as far as how you are asking it.  When rendering with OpenCL, the GPU card is being used in quite a different manner (different type of compute function) than it is with a 3d "game engine",  and depending on factors like the scene being rendered and the veiwport resolution, your GPU will not be at 100%, nor do you necessarily want it to be.   If you return with more details I can try to help, but I am not an expert.

0 Likes

Hello.
Thank you for the detailed answer.
R7-1700 Radeon-VII system
For rendering a video card is not the best option(

RPG from developers, and native iron, but crashes and glitches...
Blender without RPR does not crash.

When creating this question, I wanted to understand whether it makes sense to try to help in the development of RPR.
 The question hung unanswered for a week.
 The first answer is mine)
I have already reworked the developments created in RPR for EEVEE and Cycles .
I think if RPR is in this state for all this time, no one needs it.

0 Likes

Hi again,  still a little hard to understand you, but I will try.  First off, your Radeon VII card should actually be very good for rendering.  Second, I would make sure you have the latest ProRender version (2.3.4) and making sure the scene you are having crashes with does not have any nodes in the materials that ProRender doesn't support, because there are a few that RPR still does not support.  Also you could try removing all the materials from the scene, and see if that makes a difference, also you could try "hiding" all the objects in the scene, then, unhide each object one at a time to see if one of them is causing an issue.  If you feel comfortable enough to upload this problem .blend file here, I will gladly try it out on my system, and if it crashes I can try to troubleshoot it for you.  A year ago I was also having some stability issues when using ProRender, but once Blender released the stable 2.81v, using ProRenders last few updates has been extremely stable and reliable.   

0 Likes