cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

monkriss
Journeyman III

Still unable to render complex scenes

I'm trying to render a scene which loads in all the assets and then just as its going to start, it stops. It does not progress any further.
I notice that at this point my blender is slow to interact with and my RAM usage is still very high, but it isn't using any GPU (or CPU if i set it to CPU).

If i turn off some of my assets, it will render. Every asset on their own will render fine.
 its just when its all objects together that it just gives up...
Its also very temperamental. In some cases it will render, I stop the render. Hit render again and it won't render...

One time I did get it to render but it stopped after about 12 samples...

I'm trying to render my scene for the competition but I'm unable to even do a test render....

0 Likes
4 Replies
monkriss
Journeyman III

Preview renders seem to render the whole scene, so if the main render doesn't work I thought maybe I can just do a long preview render.
However, i get lots of white and black noise all over my image, and also no matter what setting I choose, it stops adding samples to the viewport after about 10-20 samples. It will keep counting up to whatever samples I set (500 for example), but the view-port doesn't update.
I hope i'm able to complete this by the deadline but it's not looking gooderror viewport.JPG

0 Likes
gelert
Elite

You've not really given enough information for anyone to help here.

Please give more information about your system, os, versions of blender and rpr, gpu, ram, etc.

If you open Blender via the terminal / command line and try the render it will spit out lines of issues that RPR sees. Sometimes a clue will be given as to what might be causing the issue, like a dodgy material or unsupported node.

RPR isn't production ready yet so I'd recommend against using it for "deadline" work.

Good luck with your scene.

0 Likes
david_s
Miniboss

Hi monkriss,

I will also need some kind of steps and information about the scene. Is the scene heavy, are you using displacements and large textures?
Could you share an example scene with the same issue?

0 Likes

Sorry for the lack of information, i was in a rush before I left for a week.

However the scene is not using any displacements maps as I used the displacement modifier instead to add physical geometry instead. The scene is quite heavy though...

I can share the full scene now if that works for you? Is there a private email I can send it to? Just because It will contain textures and models I cannot share openly

0 Likes