cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

Not applicable

Slow and unresponsive UI when using viewport render preview

Hey, I am experiencing a slow and unresponsive UI when using the viewport render preview.

The navigation inside the viewport is actually pretty fast however scrolling through properties or changing material values is really laggy. Strangely this behavior does not occur when rendering the final image.

Also the rest of my system and other applications in the background are still responsive when rendering the viewport or the final image even though my GPU is at about 100 % usage.

I am using Blender 2.82.13 and RPR 2.3.35 on my base model 16“ MacBook Pro running macOS 10.15.4 although this also happened with older Blender and RPR versions.

Is this behavior normal or is there anything I can do to make my experience more enjoyable? I was also thinking about adding an eGPU to my Mac (probably with an RX 5700 XT inside) but I am not sure if this would actually fix my problem. I saw someone else having a similar problem even with an eGPU in another post (https://community.amd.com/thread/238010) but this was over a year ago and the problem has not been solved.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
0 Replies