cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

gelert
Elite

RPR v2.0.94 does not render Volume in a Cube

In this simple scene there is a cube with an area lamp inside and a floor plane and a cube with simple materials applied.

The Outer cube has it's material set to be a volume.

The plan is to "see" the light rays within the volume.

pastedImage_1.png

In EEVEE:

pastedImage_2.png

In Cycles:

pastedImage_3.png

In RPR v2094:

pastedImage_4.png

I have attached the simple scene to this post.

Hopefully it fully demonstrates the issue that RPR is not rendering the volume at all.

0 Likes
5 Replies
david_s
Miniboss

Hi gelert,

Thanks for reporting. I can confirm Principled Volume does not seem to work. 

I have the same problem. I need to create a fog in the cube, but need to create this project in cycles.
it will be great RPR will work greate with volumes on the Mac

0 Likes
voidcore
Adept III

I was just about to write a similar report on missing/failing volume rendering but seeing this I just want to add:

Participating media is paramount for creating atmosphear (as I am quite sure you know yourselves) and being able to use 3D texture/procedural textures/noises as input to the density, colors etc adds a significant artistic control. 

Also, If there is anything you can do to make it possible to import volume data using OpenVDB it would be really great. It is missing in general from Blender but it seems there are talks going on at least.

arozghon
Challenger

Thank you for request, all information will be passed to developers.

arozghon
Challenger

Hi. Principled Volume shader support was added to build RPR 2.0.153 https://community.amd.com/docs/DOC-2269 please recheck your issue fix with the current build. Thank you

0 Likes