cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

gelert
Elite

RPR v2.0.150 macOS Blender 2.80 - GL Interop crashing bug

In the latest v2.0.150 version of RPR for Blender 2.80 the configuration setting use_gl_interop = False causes Blender 2.80 to crash on macOS 10.15.0 (SU 1). The render preview will begin and then immediately crash (on any scene).

This happens on a MacBook Pro 2019 with VEGA 20 GPU. It also happens when an eGPU is connected.

The config option:

pastedImage_5.png

The resulting crash:pastedImage_4.png

I use the GL Interop = False mode so that a powerful eGPU can be used to power preview renders quickly.

This feature has been working very reliably throughout all of the v2.0 builds of RPR for Blender 2.80.  

I hope that this bug can be resolved.

The only option currently available is to use the default = True option which has many problems of it's own when using an eGPU because Adaptive Sampling isn't compatible with multiple GPUs so adding an extra eGPU actually causes worse performance.

I also attach the entire crash log.

0 Likes
1 Reply
bsavery
Staff

I suspect part MOST of the issue here is we do not officially support macOS catalina (10.15.X) yet.  So many things like this are not tested on that system.  When we add that support we will note it in release notes.  I'm hoping that can happen for 2.81 release.

0 Likes