cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

daquteness
Challenger

RPR 2.0.15 - Blender 2.80 - Unexpected Anisotropy faceting

RPR 2.0.15 / Blender 2.80 / Windows 7 (happens on MacOS as well) / i7 6700 + GTX 970.

Getting faceted result when applying Anisotropy with reflection rotation. It is visible even at 45 degrees although subdued, the image below is for 90deg, rendered on GPU. Scene also attached. I haven't included this in the Nodes mega-thread because the node does work as intended but the rendered result is the issue, which leads me to believe it's a core issue, not a node-related one.

pastedImage_1.png

This issue does not occur when using CPU to render, and the result is very different - see image below for details.

pastedImage_2.png

1 Solution
bsavery
Staff

Hi Valentin.  The core developers actually just fixed a similar issue to this.  I think this will be fixed shortly.   Thanks for reporting though!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
bsavery
Staff

Hi Valentin.  The core developers actually just fixed a similar issue to this.  I think this will be fixed shortly.   Thanks for reporting though!

0 Likes

That's amazing news, thank you! Looking forward to the next update

0 Likes

Just to be clear, sometimes it takes a bit longer for core RPR fixes to work down into the plugins, but I think we already found this same issue.  

Thanks

0 Likes