Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

igor_posavec
Journeyman III

RadeonPro 2.1 installer can't find Blender

Hello

the latest RadeonPro 2.1 can not, despite correctly installed newest Blender  2.8 and 2.81, start the installation.

It demands for installed blender, which is a wrong procedure.

Did anyone managed to fix it - in Discord there are few other with the same problem

thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies
arozghon
Challenger

Hello, did you install blender 2.80/81 to the default blender folder?

0 Likes
igor_posavec
Journeyman III

Hello,
i have used the default *.msi installer from Blender Homepage. It does not ask, it simply dummped the files somewhere on my drive.
I am not sure what is the default Blender folder. C:Programs etc or like in my case D:Software

I hope really ATI did not play around with the installer, it worked very well in the last version, you could point RadeonRenderer exactly to the location where you blender (alpha, beta etc) were located.

I have restarted the computer, it still does not work...

0 Likes

Please, install Blender to default folder and reinstall RPR, because now RPR tries to find Blender in C:\Programm Files. Thank you

0 Likes

Hello arozhon

thank you for your support!

This is medieval. All my software is on larger HD, D:\Software. ATI has created a rigid installer which will definitly fall apart as soon we start adding own Betas of Blender or daily Builds. My recommendation is to please add the default installation procedures (automatic or search path manually) like it is usually done.

thanks!

0 Likes