cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

davidfujung
Journeyman III

ProRender ERROR When trying to Render

I am using a 2019 Mac Pro 3.2GHz 16 core processor, with 192GB memory, and 2 AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB graphics cards in the latest 2.9 Blender build, but when I try to render an image or animation that works in Cycles or Eevee, I get the message: ERROR | ('incorrect operation', 'SCALE') Please see logs for more details.

I am doing an animated film and working with an artist remotely who is using a PC, and he has no problems with the scene, and has shared it with others that are working on PC's, who do not have a problem either. 

Any advice on what might be causing this issue? I've wracked my brain about it and cannot for the life of me figure it out. 

Thanks, 

dave 

0 Likes
12 Replies
irz
Adept II

Blender 2.9 is not support yet. Did you try with Blender 2.83.2? Can you share the scene? Did you render with just GPU select?

0 Likes

Yes, I've tried with Blender 2.83.2 and I have the same problem. How do I render with just GPU selected? I think that's what I have selected. I've gone into preferences, system, and under Cycles Render Devices I have NONE selected. Is that right?

0 Likes

Okay, under render devices, I now see where I can check CPU or either one of my 2 AMD Radeon Pro Vega II cards, or all 3. I've tried rendering with just GPU, just CPU, and both... and it still gives me the same error message. Here is a link to the scene (pls do not share). Let me know if you have any luck getting a rendered image with ProRender.

Dropbox - manor_exterior_01.blend - Simplify your life 

Thanks, 

dave

0 Likes

Yeap, I can confirm this bug with RPR. It seem it occur while RPR not support some Blender nodes. Should waiting for official answer.

"

/scripts/addons/rprblender/nodes/blender_nodes.py", line 1212, in export

raise ValueError("Incorrect operation", op)

ValueError: ('Incorrect operation', 'SCALE')

"

From my experience if You wanna render with RPR you should make scene with RPR nodes. RPR always will be one ore more step behind of Blender eevee/cycles nodes in terms of supporting them.

0 Likes

I'm working on a project with an artist in another country who is using a PC and Nvidia, so we need to find a common ground. I just bought dual Radeon Pro Vega II's so that I could render faster. Do you think RPR will address this issue soon and have an update, and do I need to bring this to the attention of anyone else there?

Thanks for your help and input. 

Dave

0 Likes
bsavery
Staff

Thanks for uploading a scene!  It really helps.  We'll take a look at getting fixed.

0 Likes
bsavery
Staff

Sorry I didn't get the file!  Please PM it to me.

0 Likes

Here you go:

Dropbox - manor_exterior_01.blend - Simplify your life 

Pls let me know if you discover the issue. 

Thanks, 

dj

0 Likes

Hi there.  I fixed the issue, the scale parameter on vector math node was not being handled.  You can wait for a new build or take a look at the python file, it's a simple edit:

Add previously unknown vector math modes by bsavery · Pull Request #41 · GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/Ra... 

0 Likes

Thanks for fixing the issue. I am not code savvy at all, so I think I'd better wait for a new build. When do you think that will be coming out?

0 Likes

hey there, 

do you know if there's a new build yet that fixes this issue?

thanks, 

dave

0 Likes