cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

littlepony
Adept I

Problem with loading ProRender for Blender 2.8 (beta)

b64.pngSo, there is a chance that I followed a step wrong since literally no one else has this issue but, I downloaded Blender 2.8 today (18/05/19) and ProRender V2.0 for Blender 2.8 and it got installed without any issues. 

InkedAnnotation 2019-05-17 191047_LI.jpg

But when I fired up blender it doesn't show up in the list of renderers so I though it might be need to enabled in the addons menu. But I can't enable it, it just shows this error message about one argument missing from a 3 parameter function. I'm not sure how anyone else can reproduce the errors, so here is hoping some one can answer this question.

PS. I originally posted this question here but a community member directed me here. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
arozghon
Challenger

Pyton API was changed in latest Blender 2.80 beta update. This issue will be fix in one of future RPR Beta release  

0 Likes

So you're saying the Blender developers made significant changes to the python API again after they initially changed it for the Blender 2.8 version for which the ProRender plugin was made along with tons of other addons made by others. That doesn't make any sense

0 Likes

Yeah, I traced the problem here: https://community.amd.com/thread/239567 some of the methods in the python interface started requiring a depsgraph object in addition to the main context object.  Adding the code in the same way they modified the Cycles interface, I found the renderer works okay but the viewport no longer works.  That issue follows the reports that have been seen since late April about issues with the viewport.

Thanks alicecrawford‌, I'll follow your progress there. But are you on the ProRender development team or something?

0 Likes

Nope, just a user with coding experience.  I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to find the root cause for the viewport issues, but I may bisect released blender versions to see if I can find the last known good for the viewport issue.

0 Likes