cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

cyphersteel
Adept I

Pro Render not activating in preferences

Looks like the latest Blender build for 2.80 doesn't play well with Pro Render (downloaded from the Prorender AMD page). Specifically it's the June 27th 64-bit build. It sees ProRender but when I try to activate it in User Preferences it throws this: 06.27.2019-18.29 

However, an older version on my laptop, which has a GTX 950m (as opposed to my Radeon vega 64 in the desktop) works fine.... No biggie I guess, I'll just use evee and cycles, but still a bit surprising. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
david_s
Miniboss

Hi,

Please try the builds located here. https://community.amd.com/docs/DOC-2183 for Blender 2.8

That worked! Thank you David! Odd that the one on the main ProRender page didn't work...

0 Likes
sanchogrey
Journeyman III

I've installed the latest version of ProRender for Blender 2.8 which installs fine but will not activate. I don't have regular Blender though, I have the OctaneBlender 2.8 version from "Otoy". From what I understand it's Otoy's own version of Blender App with Octane built in (Don't ask me why they couldn't just build an Ad-On like everyone else). As soon as you click the check box in the Ad-On section in Preference you get a warning saying traceback blah blah or something. But basically it doesn't activate. Is this because I'm using the Otoy version??

0 Likes