Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

Adept I
Adept I

Re: Mac eGPU Blender 2.9 constant crashing

Jump to solution

What 5700 XT do you have? I have the Powercooler Red Devil. 

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Do you know anything I can do to help this?

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I saw that 2.5.7 was released and I'm giving it a try. So far, I've been able to complete a 30 min session - the best so far! I'll keep using it. I was about to send the eGPU back - Looks like I'll be holding off a little longer!

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I don’t think 2.9 is meant to work with Radeon pro render. I have two versions of blender anyway. I use 2.9 to model, with all plugins etc. Then I use 2.83, appending meshes/objects, is the latest LTS version and use RPR from there. 

0 Kudos
Staff
Staff

Jump to solution

It should work fine with 2.90.  I run it here daily. (on macOS and Windows)

Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Hi 

I have same situation as you with eGPU.

I have now installed latest Blender Version 2.90.1 (2.90.1 2020-09-23)

I hav a new #macbook pro 2019 

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019), 2,4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, 

#AMD Radeon Pro 5600M 8 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Radeon Add-on version 2.5.1

It looks like Blender is not stable on this new hardware. If I use Radeon for render, it will for sure crash. But I can not tell why and when it will crash. And some times it is running fine to end of a Render.

Radeon Render enabled: Only thing I can think of, is when I use Blender in Solid, it looks like more stable than in Preview or Render view. If I navigate in Preview/Rander view, it will crash sooner or later.

I wold like, so much, to hear what to do, to make it stable using Radon Graphic board. ???????????

For info only:

My old MacBook Pro 13" 2,9 Ghz i5 was running Blender so fine, but here I never used the graphic board. Only cycles Render on CPU.

0 Kudos
Staff
Staff

Jump to solution

Hey Frank.  Are you using an eGPU?  If so see my comment above:  Are you crashing in final renders or viewport?  If you're using the viewport render with eGPU you need to disable the "GL Interop" setting in the viewport settings.

0 Kudos