cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

frank-kalhoj
Adept I

I'm trying to use Blender on my MacBook Pro with AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU. Look like I shout work with add-in but Blender crash all the time.

I'm trying to use Blender on my MacBook Pro with AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU. Look like I shout work with add-in Radean Prorender but Blender crash all the time.

Do any body have information about how to make it run in a stable way?

I'm running Catalina (Latest) Blender 2.83 (Not the lates in order to add-in is not supporting 2.9x).

If you fx. use "Sapling Tree gen" it will crash immediately. I had to disable Radean Prorender to be able to create the tree and then enable it again after.

0 Likes
6 Replies
bsavery
Staff

Hi Frank.  Where did you get this information that the plugin doesn't support 2.90?  It works fine for me here, I have the same laptop as you.

Note, I haven't tried this sapling plugin you mentioned.

Hi

On the download page where you get the plugin

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-prorender-downloads 

Version 2.4 for Blender 2.80, 2.81, 2.82 & 2.83

And because ii hade so many problems using RPR nodes and crash of Blender, I simply rouletted back to follow the information.

I have now reinstalled macOS Catalina and using Blender 2.83.7 in order to try if it can work stable.

0 Likes

Ok, if you're having issues please outline them!  We're here to help.

0 Likes

Hi

I have now made a clean install of my Mac again. Installed Blender 2.9 and add-in Radeon Pro.

By opening one of my drawings (2.9) and switched to Radeon Pro it freezes my Mac and after some time it crashed and the Mac was off. (Works fine in Cycles).

Then I simply made 6 copies of the default box, added material from Blender-kit.

Tested by Render the picture in default settings, and it was running fine. Radeon Pro and Cycles.

What is the work around to use all the old drawings?

Remove all materials and add them again?

Any ideas?

0 Likes
frank-kalhoj
Adept I

Blender 2.83.7

I have AMD add-inn installed. Blender is crashing after some time. I am tiered of this, can anyone help here?

Here is the fault report LINK

0 Likes
frank-kalhoj
Adept I

FYI only.

Latest add-on is grate, did the trick to make it run OK.

Thank you 

0 Likes