cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

jigzaw
Elite

Cannot get Pro Render to work in Blender 2.82A

I followed instruction from the Radeon ProRender for Blender™ — AMD Radeon ProRender resource and installed radeonpromateriallibrary.msi. To test functionality, I have also downloaded the sampling.blend and default_tiled_render.blend. I get ERROR|'Material' object has no attribute 'cycles'. The render engine is set to RadeonProRender. Did a uninstall on Blender and Radeon Pro twice. I am new this version of Blender and not really quite verse with it. I plan to import my 3d work form IRONCAD and learn a bit of animation. Please advise.

Current OS and Hardware:

Windows 10 Home 1909

AMD Ryzen 3700X on default settings on Asrock B350 Pro4

16 x 2 Klevv 3200 Mhz

Sapphire Nitro+ 5500XT 8GDR6

Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
jigzaw
Elite

Got it sorted. I enabled Pro Render and disabled Cycles that created the error. I assume Cycles is used as a back end for Pro Render.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
jigzaw
Elite

Got it sorted. I enabled Pro Render and disabled Cycles that created the error. I assume Cycles is used as a back end for Pro Render.

0 Likes

Actually it's not used as a backend, but glad you got it figured!

0 Likes
davkenn
Journeyman III

Hi there! I'm getting this error on Blender 2.83.5 and RPR 2.4 after I select RPR as the render engine on a default scene and can't seem to get around it.

Sorry if this is a silly question but you mention you also have to disable cycles, where do you do that?

Thank you! 

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 1.58.25 pm.png

0 Likes

Actually, solved it. Turns out I had cycles disabled (via preferences > Add Ons) which was the problem. I had to enable it in order to get RPR to work.

0 Likes