cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

raffetazarius
Journeyman III

Cannot enable ProRender 3.6 in Add-Ons in Blender 4.0.2 on MacOS 13.6.1

I've followed the instructions to install ProRender, but it won't install for me.

1. Using the "Install" button with the .zip file in Blender Preferences > Add-Ons, then attempting to enable fails.

2. Manually copying the unzipped "rprblender" folder into /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Blender/4.0/addons/ and then attempting to enable also fails.

The traceback errors I get in the Add-Ons console are screenshotted below.

raffetazarius_0-1702341097085.png

Any advice or support you could offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

6 Replies
aliegek
Journeyman III

I have the same problem, I cannot enable ProRender 3.6 in any available version of Blender. (including Blender 3.5)

Error message; 

Screen Shot 2023-12-12 at 15.00.png

I'm using a MacBook Pro Quad-Core Intel Core i5

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, this is so frustrating

0 Likes

I am getting the same problem here but on Windows. I have an AMD 570x gpu and I am using Blender 4.0.1. I have seen other discussions but they are all from Blender 2.8, can anyone help us?

raffetazarius
Journeyman III

Any update on this please @amd ?

Geekboy9000
Journeyman III

Same issue here

Blender 3.6 with Radeon ProRender 3.6.0

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 13.56.30.png

is there an older version that is known to work ok? 

0 Likes
punkucci
Adept I

Hi, I'm a Blender 4.0.2 user and I can't seem to get the program to detect my GPU. I decided to download "Radeon ProRender" but I can't install it with Blender's addons. It gives me the same error as user @raffetazarius . My GPU is an 8GB RX570 and my CPU is a Ryzen 5 2400g / OS Windows 10.

Thanks

@amd ??????????????????????????

ErrorBlender01.jpg

0 Likes
chrisg_kasi
Journeyman III

I'd just like to add myself to the list of people experiencing this problem. I've tried on Blender 2.83, Blender 3.3 Blender 3.6

Computer iMac Pro (Xeon W,  8 core 3.2 GHz), 32 Gb RAM, Radeon Pro Vega 56

OS Mojave 10.14.6

Radeon Pro Render V 3.6

I managed to get it running for one session yesterday complete with RPR materials. Opened Blender today.won't run RPR at all

Error report similar to all above.

0 Likes