cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

Not applicable

Blender Crashes every time I try to enable RPR

Good afternoon everyone!

I have attempted to install Radeon ProRender SEVERAL times into blender 2.82.

I have gone through the standard install steps countless times with a fresh install of blender 2.82 and a fresh install on the zip folder at:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-prorender-blender-v2-3-blender-2-80-2-81-2-82

Can anyone help me as to why blender keeps crashing whenever I try to enable the addon?

6 Replies
admin
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Blender Crashes every time I try to enable RPR

I am having the exact same problem. I think the add-on needs to be updated. Using the Radeon Pro Render with the CPU causes a crash every time.

- Open Blender

- Render Settings "Radeon Pro Render"

- check box for CPU rendering (leave GPU rendering on)

- Switch the default box to render view. 

Result: Instant crash 100% of the time.

Leaving off CPU rendering will work albeit not as well as one might hope.

The Radeon card is not recognised for Open GL (for use with cycles). I can't work that out either.

0 Kudos
admin
Adept II
Adept II

....just to add:

This is the latest version of Radeon Pro Render with the everything correctly installed.

OS 10.14.6

Mac 6-core 3.46 Ghz 64 Gb RAM

Radeon RX560

arozghon
Challenger
Challenger

Hi! the future Radeon Pro Render plugin release will be used .zip installer and for now, try to delete RPR from Windows "Programs" settings and install RPR with closed Blender and recheck if blender active in Task manager, because if Blender process active RPR get an error with activation and installation. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Hawak
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

This happens with blender 2.90 as well. I use an imac retina5K, 27ich 2017 with a radeon pro 580 8GB and it even crashes on the default cube.

hotglu
Adept I
Adept I

0 Kudos
hotglu
Adept I
Adept I

I am having the same issue. Blender crashes when I try to enable the Pro Render Add-on. I have tried a fresh install and a manual install.

Has AMD responded at all?

System:

iMac 2019, i9, 16GB RAM, OS 10.14.6, AMD Pro Vega 48, RPR V3.0.8