cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

inputhone
Adept I

Blender 2.8 and Hair Shape with prorender

Hey. I use blende r2.8 official built and amd's prorender seems not to correctly interpret the hair shape when setting them up in the particle system. here an example..

Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-22 um 00.15.44.png

I use Mac Mini 2019 with external Vega 64 GPU. EEVEE and Cycles correctly interpret the hair shape..
Any Ideas? Is it not supported yet? What can i do?

0 Likes
2 Replies
inputhone
Adept I

Hello, no one? I still have this Issue and it's a real pain, since Prorender seems to interpret Hair Shape always worng, Eevee is not good enough for high res renders, and Cycles on a mac is quite unusable since OpenCL dropped. Is this a known bug? Will it be fixed?

0 Likes

Please post in the "Blender" section, more likely to get attention there.... you posted in the main ProRender section.  I moved your post for now.  

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is here?  We're getting the hair data directly from Blender, so if the shape parameter isn't being interpreted it's on their end.  Could you upload a simple scene with maybe a few hairs only showing this?  

One thing I do know is we don't do a different tip and root width for hair like cycles does currently.  Is that the difference you are seeing?

0 Likes