cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battle Stations

rtbh99
Challenger

my husbands upgraded battlestation

upgraded to a 5700x3d last week, so we decorated his desk and took some pictures. heres a pcpartpicker build article: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/6wfPxr

Specifications:

CPU: 5700x3d

CPU cooler: thermalright peerless assassin

RAM: 16gb crucial ballistix at 3200mhz

GPU: XFX QICK 6750xt

Mobo: Asrock x370 killer sli/ac

Case: Fractal Design pop air cyan core

battlestation viewbattlestation viewpowered on view showing the custom extensions i made for him last year :)powered on view showing the custom extensions i made for him last year 🙂another view of the case, showing two noctua intake fans.another view of the case, showing two noctua intake fans.cable management gets messy when theres sata drives, and he has three of themcable management gets messy when theres sata drives, and he has three of themexceptionally good processor, installed in a 7 year old motherboard.exceptionally good processor, installed in a 7 year old motherboard.this is the uptick in performance from a 3900x to a 5700x3dthis is the uptick in performance from a 3900x to a 5700x3d

---
lets talk about rtbh99
2 Solutions
eebiii
Forerunner

Looks great! 👍

I don't know why cable management bothers some, but it shouldn't. Who cares. If anyone opens the back of your case and starts talking about your cable management:

1. Smack them upside their heads

2. Ask them to put the cover back on and get the **** out!

3. Tell them to look out for the door hitting them in the *** on their way out.

IMO

View solution in original post

lowteck
Miniboss

IT'S A GUNDAM

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...

View solution in original post

9 Replies
AMOCO14
Adept II

Congrats, Looks good, Maybe a little more cable management in the PSU area.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - ASRock RX 6750XT -12GB. -- G.Skill Ripejaw V (32GB.) (DDR4-3200) - WD Black SN850X NVMe - Samsung 980 Pro NVMe - SanDisk SSD Plus - CORSAIR CX750M 750W - Cooler Master Hyper Halo 212 Cooler- Rosewill Prism S500 Gaming Case - Windows 10 Pro x64 - MSI Optix MAG342CQR - Samsung 27" - Apex 3 Gaming Keyboard - Rival 3 Gaming Mouse - Sound Blaster Z SE

only so much i can do when theres two hdds in the basement taking up space lol

---
lets talk about rtbh99
eebiii
Forerunner

Looks great! 👍

I don't know why cable management bothers some, but it shouldn't. Who cares. If anyone opens the back of your case and starts talking about your cable management:

1. Smack them upside their heads

2. Ask them to put the cover back on and get the **** out!

3. Tell them to look out for the door hitting them in the *** on their way out.

IMO

What do they want them to do with extensions and a non modular power supply anyway? Considering all that, it's actually pretty clean.

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

The rig itself is very sober looking with a touch of RGB.

The Englishman
jaandoh
Challenger

Looks clean n sooper dooper to me too... 

I agree with @eebiii on the cable wiring, no ones ever gonna see the side with the mobo... I wouldn't worry about it at all!! 

lowteck
Miniboss

IT'S A GUNDAM

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...

he has three different gundams to build right now! i have one, and a model of uss voyager to paint. need paint though 😞

---
lets talk about rtbh99
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

He's a lucky guy.  I'm surprised at the significant increase in performance from the lower-clocked 8-core vs 12-core processor.  I guess that extra cache memory does the trick.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes