cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battle Stations

My humble Rig :)

I call it "My paycheck belongs my daughter" ...

This is my daily driver... the stress reliever when i come from work, as i don't have the budget to spend on this kind of things i had to settle with looking for really good deals, second hand parts and other parts i had from my older rig, built this final setup like almost 2 years ago...

Specs:

CPU- i7 6700K clocked to 4.7ghz

CPU Cooler- DeepCool AG400 Plus 120mm

MOBO- Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero Z170 Motherboard

RAM- 16gb RAM ( 2x8gb) DDR4 3200mhz T-Force Vulcan Z

GPU- PowerColor (Fighter model) RX 5700XT 8GB

PSU- EVGA 600W 80plus

STORAGE- 1 Crucial P3 plus 1tb m.2 SSD , 1 Kingston 120gb SATA SSD, 1 Seagate Barracuda 1tb SATA HDD

Case- Unbranded, was a really cheap workstation case that i never found on the internet, i had it from my old rig, i got it like 8 years ago ... but it has a good flux of air , 140mm fan in the front with mesh and filters, 120mm fan in the back.. plenty of space, and a sturdy build , has traveled the world and survived hehe ..

Monitor- Viewsonic Omni 1080p 24" 100hz 1ms Freesync + Integrated Speakers

Headset- Astro A10 Gen2 wired ..

Mouse and keyboard are what i could found for cheap, and i mostly play with a controller as you can see...  and the chair well ... it is what it is ..  ... 

I know, compared to what most guys post, this is not tidy nor cool rgb ambience room, but it makes me happy, but i keep it clean and well maintained ... and for what i game it handles 1080p 100hz without any problems ... i want to upgrade to a ryzen someday .. eventually ... 🙂

20231001_115602.jpg

photo_2024-03-12_11-18-49.jpg

photo_2024-03-12_12-29-30.jpg

photo_2024-03-12_11-19-13.jpg

5 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

What is your next planned upgrade?  Maybe a larger monitor?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

I wanna jump to a Ryzen 5 or 7 on a AM5 mobo, depending on the budget ... that's the upgrade i want to go for right now ... but i have some conservative maintenance i have to do first for the gpu and mobo .. like new thermal pads, a better thermal paste, and new case fans...

About the monitor, im kinda happy with the size for now, when i want a big screen for a more console like experience, i have a 10ft hdmi hooked up to a 4k 55" tv on the wall..

frIONic
Adept I

Monitor size at 24" is perfect for competitive FPS. Also depends on how far you sit from it, I guess.

Looks like a nice, simple gaming machine. 👍

5950X | Micron 32GB x2 ECC OC 3600mt/s CL18 | ASUS Pro WS X570 | PRO W6600 | PRO WX4100 | Fractal Design Torrent | Noctua NH-U12A | CORSAIR RM850
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I don't understand how anyone can accept a 24" monitor.  I have several 32" 4K monitors on my 'work stations' and several 34" wide gaming monitors for my 'gaming machines'.  Of course, I am not competitive in any games; I'm too old for that.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

I respect that .. but hear me out, where i live monitors above the 60-75hz are really expensive, and above 24" thats another extra cash.. and most of my paycheck goes to home and my 1y old..  as @frIONic said , i sit relatively close.. and im not deep into competitive games, just some battlefield or apex legends from time to time.. i just wanted something that would not make a hole in my wallet, had good enough colors and could clock the refresh rate above the 75hz.. 1080p IPS 100hz was good enough for my wallet and my eyes ..  🙂

but step by step .. il get there someday ..