cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battle Stations

redteam_member
Journeyman III

Mini ITX Watercooled - Open Concept

12mm OD chromed copper and some aluminum pipes bent using a variety of  HVAC benders12mm OD chromed copper and some aluminum pipes bent using a variety of HVAC bendersThe radiator was mounted using M3 extended spacers and the fans original wires were resoldered with 23 AWG silver wire to match the build.The radiator was mounted using M3 extended spacers and the fans original wires were resoldered with 23 AWG silver wire to match the build.6800xt was sandwiched between the case flanges. Wiring was the easiest part of the build needing crimper, 17 AWG and female ATX pins.6800xt was sandwiched between the case flanges. Wiring was the easiest part of the build needing crimper, 17 AWG and female ATX pins.Side shot shows the relatively close proximity of all the components and the tubing runs.Side shot shows the relatively close proximity of all the components and the tubing runs.The trickiest part of this build was splittling the positive pump flow into two paths for the GPU and CPU that returned to seperate radiator channels and were exhausted through the drain port of the bottom of the radiator. A 4  G1/4 junction box allowed the flow to be split between the case flanges and allowed for the riser cable and a temp probe to control the pump speed. To reduce wire clutter I replaced the stock MOBO antenna with some wifi nibs that work excellently in close proximity to WIFI.The trickiest part of this build was splittling the positive pump flow into two paths for the GPU and CPU that returned to seperate radiator channels and were exhausted through the drain port of the bottom of the radiator. A 4 G1/4 junction box allowed the flow to be split between the case flanges and allowed for the riser cable and a temp probe to control the pump speed. To reduce wire clutter I replaced the stock MOBO antenna with some wifi nibs that work excellently in close proximity to WIFI.DSC08400.JPEGNKK switch with cover guard since there is no traditional IO panel.NKK switch with cover guard since there is no traditional IO panel.4 hr run with fans at 55% gives these  mid 50's and high 60s JCT temps with ambient OAT at 23C. (Never bothered activiating OS on my test SSD)4 hr run with fans at 55% gives these mid 50's and high 60s JCT temps with ambient OAT at 23C. (Never bothered activiating OS on my test SSD)

Specs:

CPU 5800x - Summit M chrome waterblock

GPU 6800xt - EKWB nickel waterblock

RAM - 400mhz Patiot Viper B-die with EKWB chrome heatsinks

MOBO - x570i Gigabyte

PSU - Fractal SFX-L 650G

Watercooling Loop Parts: Alphacool NexXxoS 240mm nickel radiator, Alphacool 2600 DC-LT pump with acrylic block, Poweradjust 3 ultra power controller and temp sensor. 

5 Replies
Weber462
Challenger

This is absolutely amazing!  What fittings did you use (maybe I missed it)?  Did you bend your own steel (plates)?  I cant say enough good things about this build.  You motivated me to try one.  Hands down the coolest build I've ever seen.  Nice work!

redteam_member
Journeyman III

@Weber462 

Thanks! 

I didn't mention the fittings: EKWB nickel torque and some bitspower fittings where low profile dimensions were required. 

I bent the tubes but not the steel plates. That was done by Komp Case.

dangdude
Adept I

Would a pull configuration for the rad be a better flow pattern to keep the heat from soaking into the frame?

tenzo23
Elite

😮That's some beautiful engineering! Great job!

/sig Fun guy.
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Very impressive.  Is this machine still in use?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes