Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Discussions

beaver-from-dam
Journeyman III

RyzenAI without Python/Anaconda environment

Hello all,

I was playing around with RyzenAI to run some neural networks on the IPU and I was wondering if there is a plan to be able to run on the IPU without the dependency on Python and Anaconda. Basically, is there a way to run on the IPU with only C++ code?

When running the "Getting started" tutorial, I am getting the expected result with the Anaconda environment, but if I deactivate it, then I'm getting errors of missing a DLL (python39.dll which depends on a whole lot of Python modules which are found in the Anaconda environment). This indicates me that some cpp file is calling Python code and it makes me wonder if there's plan to port the Python dependencies to C++ at some point.

TLDR: Can I run RyzenAI with only C++ and if not, is there a plan to support that in the future?

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Uday_Das
Staff

Hi @beaver-from-dam ,

Thanks for your question. Ryzen AI C++ flow currently has a Python module (voe package) dependency built on Python-3.9. You may be able to run the Ryzen-AI C++ application outside the conda environment but it requires systemwide Python-3.9 installation and voe package installation. We will discuss this internally and update you if we have any further plans.

Thanks

Ok, thanks for the quick response! 🙂

0 Likes