Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Discussions

giulioamd
Adept I

AMD IPU Device Not working

Hello,
I have a laptop with Ryzen AI, the Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 with AMD 7840S. I wanted to test its power through Windows Studio Effects, but I noticed it was not present in my machine. I went on to check the driver for the IPU and I found that the driver is installed but the device doesn't start.

Screenshot 2024-01-27 122747.pngScreenshot 2024-01-27 122803.pngScreenshot 2024-01-27 122852.png

I also installed the Ryzen AI quicktest from the developer guide on AMD Website. Everything works fine, except it seems that it eventually puts the workload on the CPU instead of the IPU:

Screenshot 2024-01-27 123045.png

I have already tried to uninstall the driver and download the one from the developer guide, and these were the results. I also run the xbutil executable in the driver folder and tried some commands. The device seems to be ok, but it doesn't pass this test:

Screenshot 2024-01-27 181847.png

I suppose that the device is not working and this is also causing Windows Effects to not show up. I have also opened the issue on the github page: https://github.com/amd/RyzenAI-SW/issues/50 .

Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution
giulioamd
Adept I

Wrote on Github and the devs told me that the errors I got were "normal" and everything works

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
giulioamd
Adept I

Wrote on Github and the devs told me that the errors I got were "normal" and everything works

0 Likes