We are aware that some people are experiencing issues with switchable graphics after upgrading to Windows® 10 and installing the AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 driver package. Switchable graphics allows you to use the low power integrated GPU when using 2D applications and switch to the high power discrete GPU when running 3D games and applications.
The following steps may help you troubleshoot the issue :
Check Product Compatibility
- What is the laptop model ?
- What are the graphics cards in the laptop ?
- Does your hardware meet the requirements of Windows 10 ?
If your answer to question 3 is "YES" proceed with the steps detailed below. If your answer is "NO", your product does not meet Windows 10 requirements and you will be unable to install the AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 driver on this device.
- In the Windows Device Manager do you see both GPUs listed ? If not, you may need to enable the device(s) in the system BIOS or may need to update to the latest version of the BIOS which has been provided by your system manufacturer. Please contact the laptop manufacturer for assistance with configuring and upgrading the BIOS.
- If you have an Intel graphics adapter as part of the switchable graphics configuration, is the display driver up-to-Date? If not, please install the latest display driver for the Intel Graphics adapter.
- Is the Laptop running off the battery or is it plugged into a wall outlet ? High powered graphics mode will only be available when the laptop is running off a direct power connection.
- Are display drivers for your product available from the Laptop manufacturer ? Have you tried them ?
- After installing the AMD Catalyst Driver, are there any errors mentioned in the install log which is displayed at the end of the install ?
- What was the last working driver? Are you able to revert to it ?
- Is the option for switchable Graphic available when you right-click on the Desktop?
- Is the Option for Switchable Graphic available in AMD Catalyst Control Center ? These options will be listed under the Power Options menu item.
- Have you followed the laptop manufacturers instructions to how to enable Switchable Graphics?