Radeon Software Crimson Edition was released on Nov 24 – and the community response has been remarkable. Here are some mind-blowing stats:
- Crimson Edition drivers have been downloaded an astonishing 2.5 million times.
- AMD videos on YouTube announcing Crimson Edition have been viewed almost 250,000 times.
You're clearly as excited about our new software as we are, so we'd like to say thank you for your support and enthusiasm.
As part of the Radeon Software Crimson Edition rollout, we promised to actively solicit user feedback, rapidly respond to software issues, and execute quick-turnaround software updates. We've been proactively monitoring the forums and online activities and our dedicated software team has been working on reproducing, debugging and fixing these issues since the driver release. We're pleased to report that a mere six days after the Radeon Software Crimson Edition launch we're releasing our first rapid-response software update that adds a number of stability improvements, fixes for software issues reported by our user community, and day-one support for issues reported on Just Cause 3.
Resolved Issues with Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.11.1 Update
-  Star Wars™: Battlefront - Snow flickers in a few locations in the game
-  Star Wars™: Battlefront - Sky rendering may be broken in some game locations
-  Fallout 4 - The compass may flicker during gameplay on AMD Radeon R9 390 Series products. We continue to investigate the issue with AMD Radeon R9 290 and AMD Radeon R9 295X2 Series products
-  Star Wars™: Battlefront - Shadowy textures are visible around hills/structures/caves
-  Just Cause 3 - Texture corruption may be experienced during gameplay
-  Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - Poor AMD Crossfire™ technology performance may be experienced
-  The driver installation may fail while installing the ACP component
-  The font size in Chinese language installations may be too small
-  The label range values in some AMD FreeSync™ technology installations may be incorrect
-  The Radeon Settings dropbox does not close when it is clicked on a second time
-  The AMD OverDrive™ fan settings is always set to ON after first edit on reboot
-  Language shows up as Chinese Simplified when Chinese Traditional is selected in Windows® 7
-  Radeon Settings crashes on the Display tab when cloning a display via HDMI on some notebooks
-  AMD OverDrive fan speed is reset to Manual on exiting from a 3D game or application. Users will have to reset their AMD OverDrive pages to ensure issue is fixed
-  Radeon Settings does not get upgraded in some install scenarios
-  AMD OverDrive™ cannot revert to default settings in some situations
Our user community can report their issues here: www.amd.com/report. We thank our community for their feedback and support and helping us make Radeon Software Crimson Edition great.
Sasa Marinkovic is Head of Software Marketing for AMD. Links to third party sites are provided for convenience and unless explicitly stated, AMD is not responsible for the contents of such linked sites and no endorsement is implied.