cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

community_moderator
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.4.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.4.1.

For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.4.1 driver release notes.

New Feature Highlights

• New Game Support

• Manor Lords
  • Performance Highlights

• Performance improvements for HELLDIVERS™ 2
  • Expanded HYPR-Tune Support

• Nightingale
    • SKULL AND BONES™
  • AI Application Update

• Support and optimizations for 7.1.0 & 7.1.1 versions of Topaz Gigapixel AI application with new “Recovery” and “Low Resolution” AI upscaling features.

Fixed Issues

• Performance improvements for HELLDIVERS™ 2.
  • Intermittent application crash may be observed while playing Lords of the Fallen and entering certain areas on Radeon™ RX 6000 series graphics products. 
  • Artifacts may appear in certain mud environments while playing SnowRunner on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6800. 
  • Rainbow-like artifacts may appear in water environments while playing Horizon Forbidden West™ Complete Edition on Radeon™ RX 6000 series graphics products.
  • Intermittent application crash or driver timeout may be observed while playing Overwatch® 2 with Radeon™ Boost enabled on Radeon™ RX 6000 and above series graphics products. 
  • Intermittent application freeze when first launching SteamVR using the Quest Link feature on Meta Quest 2.
  • Intermittent system or application crash when screen sharing using Microsoft Teams. 
  • Intermittent application crash changing Anti-Aliasing settings while playing Enshrouded on Radeon™ 7000 series graphics products. 
  • Display colors may appear “dim” or “washed out” after closing Enshrouded with Auto HDR enabled.

Known Issues

• Black corruption may be observed while playing Alien Isolation on Radeon™ 7000 series graphics products.
  • Corruption may be observed while playing Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Reloaded Edition or Alan Wake 2 with Radeon™ Boost enabled. Users experiencing this issue are recommended to disable Radeon™ Boost as a temporary workaround.
  • Max Payne 1 and 2 may fail to launch on RDNA 3 series graphics products when Anti-Aliasing is enabled.
  • Texture flicking may be observed while playing Hitman: Contracts.[Resolution targeted for 24.5.1]
  • Intermittent stutter immediately after alt-tab with Performance Metrics Overlay enabled. [Resolution targeted for 24.5.1]
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for Q3]

If you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.4.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 24.4.1, use the tag FORUM-24-4-1-GAMER56

66 Replies

I have 7900 gre and too Problem!!! Don't disable dxnavi. 40-120 fps

I have 6700 xt 23.11.1 and disable dxnavi fix DayZ 140-300 fps

https://youtu.be/zYJQxrj6HxE?si=zHbJrJn0rHtbRUhV proof

https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/unstable-fps-dayz-new-problems-6700xt-7900-gre-dayz...

don't forget to use the bug report tool.

0 Likes

They haven't been able to fix a bug in DayZ for 3 years!!! So I no longer have hope for this company. My next GPU will be from nVidia.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

Time to check if the driver timeouts are still there....

You STILL haven't listed the driver issues with Kingdom Hearts HD1.5+2.5 Remix as a KNOWN ISSUE.... I just wanted it to be known amd you've once again failed to do so....

I'll be back after I test KH again.

Dragokar
Miniboss

Come on, that's why you lock my thread? Because I was faster???

0 Likes

I think it's because they want the community moderators to post it.

Wasn't an issue in the past......still sucks but hey that's the world goes. Power have only a few ones...

*edit*

Sadly no official Cossacks 3 fix and no one for World of Goo. Will test later though.

gflash
Adept I

Still no acknowledgement of memory leak issues with AMD Radeon 780M Integrated graphics???

Czecher
Adept I

What kind of issue there was with MS Teams ? Thanks.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

AMD Adrenaline 24.4.1

Kingdom Hearts HD1.5+2.5 ReMIX still experiences Display Driver Timeouts.

I am hoping and PRAYING that you are still looking into this.. I gave you so much evidence of the timeouts in my bug reports. Please do not let me down... I am hoping you do not.

Olexanderoff
Adept I

They just deleted my reply about problems in Cossacks 3. It's easier to just delete posts with problems than to solve them. I leave the red ones, I should have switched to the green ones a long time ago. And delete this post too.

Im waiting second year for fixing problems in Cossacks 3..

0 Likes
rawintellect
Miniboss

Exporting is still broken. It is creating a corrupt *.zip file that cannot be imported. Trying to do so hangs the application.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

Hmmm I'm testing this out some more.

Update: Nope false alarm, just crashed.

Freajka
Adept I

I still don't see World of Warcraft DX12 driver timeout being marked as KNOWN issue... it is known for at least an year on both EU and US Blizzard forums...

Its funny cause it USED to be on that list...

0 Likes

They just don't care. I wouldn't mind if they just acknowledged the issue and said that they need more time. But it's been months and months without any acknowledgement

0 Likes

Yup

I'm right there with you! 

0 Likes

Fixed Enable AMD Antilag,Vsync force on adrenaline software,Reduce Gpu Clock values. Disable Scaling GPU in option screen. Sorry for my english, Test 24.3.1 /24.4.1 works fine

0 Likes
johnnybgood89
Adept II

Still nothing about hardware acceleration in web browsers...

LexDK
Adept I

This version (adrenalin 24.4.1) still has problems with VR.

even virtual desktop is warning against the 24.1-24.x version so far. and after trying the 24.4 i think it will be the same.

a bit sad they never test vr with their drivers.
problem:

studders on quest 3 (virtual desktop) while moving around and particles makes it worse and reverting back to 23.10.2 fixes it!

(bug report sendt yet again)

0 Likes
evil_doer
Adept I

Memory leak still present on integrated graphics CPUs (7950X3D)

Come on guys, 6 months of this now..

And its not like a slow memory leak. It requires a reboot of the system once or twice a day if you have 32GB

kendric_BUF
Adept I

ASRock Phantom gaming7800 xt owner here,

Played Helldivers 2 with the new driver for about 3 hours. It was running great! Didn't have to limit the fps below 90 or limit the boost clock to 2200mhz like I did previously to keep it from crashing.  Took a break and came back and now it crashes immediate to desktop when on the "diving in" screen right before you land on a planet.

I reinstalled the new driver again, verified the integrity of game files on steam, and its still doing it.

What gives?? It was running great a few hours ago.  Even tried AFMF and it was looking great....What do I gotta do to get some enjoyment out of the card I spent over $500 on?

update:

uninstalled and reinstalled the game on steam and its seems to be running now. i can use afmf and run the gpu at 90-100% util without it crashing.  although toggling on screen space global illumination caused a crash.

using these optimised settings:

https://youtu.be/bVcaC7x7xBU?si=osmEk5wtZOSdUgiD&t=607

So, it still crashes.

Thanks for the update.

0 Likes

its hard to say who the main culprit is . seeing as arrowhead also did a terrible job optimizing the game for 7000 series since launch. AMD and Arrowhead are both at fault, but they did just patch the game again as of 4/29 which causes crashing as well...

needless to say this gpu series is a crap-show. still probably never gonna buy another amd card which is unfortunate cause frick team green. who knows, maybe battlemage will be good lol

0 Likes
sevenmod
Adept I

Nothing on Fallout NV/3 being unplayable on 2024 drivers?

Draxirch
Challenger

Can confirm that Kingdom Hearts HD1.5+2.5 ReMIX is just as crash heavy as before....they definitely haven't fixed it in this update, the waiting continues.

@Sam_AMD Hi Sam hope you are well, is there any new developments with this ongoing issue, im concerned that noone has listed it as an "issue" on the known issues page of the drivers.

Bro sht up nobody cares to this flopped old game.

thats not nice. this guy spent his hard earned money on an AMD product and it doesn't work as advertised. think he has a right to request a fix. this is a driver feedback forum. he's giving feedback in a respectful way

I have faith that they'll do something in the future.

Its just a matter of pursuing answers and asking for updates and above all we must be patient and not seem like we are pestering them. Which it might seem like I'm doing the opposite but to get something noticed you must go to these lengths to get it noticed.

If you have nothing nice to say I suggest you be the one to shut up. At least I am trying to get a known issue more widely known.

Which the vast majority support my cause so in the end your words are just empty.

Insomnia86
Adept I

Very good driver after 1 year amd has released a stable driver i can finally watch videos on netflix without issues like stutter or black screen.Netflix is my benchmark tool i dont use 3D mark or uni heaven or other benchmark tools just netflix if netflix is working correctly everything should work fine lol it's weird but it works.

0 Likes
tanazzz
Adept III

This driver was the last chance I as a customer gave AMD to fix their issues.

Video playback in browsers at 1440p and 4k - still laggy and broken

Random grey screen/black screen crashes - still happen

OW2 still compiling shaders every time you run the game and taking 10 minutes to stop lagging

Fortnite still stuttering

Multiple games having known crashing issues for years

After testing the driver and seeing all those issues are still present, and after 18 months of torture with my 6950XT I've finally ordered a 4080 Super.

AMD are so insanely bad at driver design (or maybe they're just making defective hardware that no driver can fix I don't even know at this point)  that they've pushed me into the horrible purchase decision to buy an overpriced GPU at the end of the GPU cycle that's only 30% faster than my current one and not feel any regret because I'm living in constant fear of my PC crashing while working / having fun.

Update:

Purchased a 4080 Super and EVERY SINGLE ISSUE I had with my 6950xt is magically gone. Didn't even need to reinstall windows, just DDU-ed AMD's trash drivers, plugged my new GPU in and install latest Nvidia drivers. Works flowlessly and my computer feels 10x snappier and less laggy as a whole (web browsing and video playback feel completely different). I don't even have the stomach to sell the 6950XT cuz I know the next guy's gonna get screwed. Guess I have a 1000$ paperweight now.

**bleep** if I had almost two thousand euros to spend like that I would just jump into a 4090, I am still sticking to my 7900XTX until it explodes or something.

Glad to know you have your problems solved by switching to the green side, I am definitly doing that if AMD doesn't pull themselves together with this year drivers. For now I am sticking to the December 2023 driver as I am not having too many issues with this one.

0 Likes

Spoiler alert - they won't. When rdna released everyone was complaining about black screens and crashes with the 5700/XT. 2 years in AMD claimed to have fixed the drivers (people still had the same issues). When RDNA 2 came people had crashes,stutters, black screens (same as RDNA1) and AMD promised to fix the drivers. Then ~1 year later they "redid" their entire DX11 pipeline and it destroyed stability even more. Then RDNA3  came along and people again had driver timeouts, crashes and stutters.. do you sense the pattern here? And yeah I would've gotten a 4090 but due to the Chinese AI boom they're 2x the price of a 4080 super in my country so I'm not paying 2000$+ for a GPU.

0 Likes
radu1006
Adept III

I have cleaned with DDU and installed the new driver (driver only) on windows 10 for my 7900xt. I wanted to make sure that is not the fault of Andrenalin software.

Not even 2 hours later, while the PC was in idle, the GPU driver crashed with the timeout error and got a black screen.

Sooo, same problem as all 2024 drivers. yet again rolling back to 23.12.1.

Waiting for the next one.

Meanwhile, maybe we can troubleshoot this problem if AMD does not have the enough people and resources to do it.

I suspect an incompatibility with another driver/software that is widely used or windows process.

Does anyone that experienced the timeouts has logitech software like LogiOptions or Ghub installed?