Ram: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3000 16 GB

PSU: Cooler Master V750 Gold V2 , 80 Plus Gold

Cooling:

Block/Pump/: Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora

Reservoir: Custom made glass bottle.

Radiator: 2x EK-Coolstream PE 240

GPU-Block: EK-VGA Supremacy

Fan: 4x Noctua Chromax Low profile

Keyboard: DZ60 custom made with Cherry Mx blue switches.

Mouse: USB-Touchpad

Screen: SUNFOUNDER 10.1’’ IPS Monitor

Everything is inside and works like a real PC. You can play games like Fallout with it or hack it like a real terminal, but only with Windows as the operating system... xD

I am aware that there is no AMD CPU installed but when i built the terminal this was the hardware I still had with me, I hope participation will still be approved. 

19 Comments
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

That's interesting.  Nobody really talks about 3D printing issues, such as nozzle blockage, power failure during a print and things of this nature.  I guess there is no real use for the parts that didn't print properly - you can't melt them down at home and make them into the fiber they once were for reuse.  But you can recycle them I suppose.  Do you have any pictures of your 3D printer?  

On the side, are you interested in writing a 'How To' article on 3D printing for beginners?  We have a team that's been writing these 'How To' articles and my next one is how to build your own computer case.  It's all about sharing our knowledge and lessons-learned with the community.

modLab
Adept II

Hi @BigAl01  sorry for the late reply but it's a bit stressful at the moment.

You could shred the parts and make new filament for the printer but it would require a bit more machinery and that's not in the budget at the moment. xD

So i'm currently using a Voron 1.8 it's a printer you can't just buy assembled if you want to know more i'll send you the link to the official homepage.

I would like to do more but since i am in a team of several modders the time is too short to write more articles here sry.

Worklog Update!

It took awhile to find a 1080p-Display that fits but after a Long time i found this beauty here

hHdPitF.jpeg

XHowsFJ.jpeg

Sorry for the dust, but the acrylic is a bit sensitive to dust and my fingers.

G1fsqlj.jpeg

I bougt it on Amazon, actually it is a Display for the Raspi but after removeing some stuff that i don´t need it is perfect.

zgcvIdL.jpeg

fter a test with a Youtube Video with Resolution in 1080p i was surprised how clear it is.

The mouse is a normal touchpad. It was difficult to find one of this size.

I don't currently have the keyboard, but i have a special idea for the project...

9TNRzrN.jpeg

Some Nixie-Tubes, they Show the number 76.... 

0ayQJCw.jpeg

LuKPGfc.jpeg

NQZozUh.jpeg

oScUy7F.jpeg

They are looking pretty nice and for this kind of project a nice eye catcher.

I use IN-4 Nixie tubes for those who don't know what Nixies are click the Link: Wikipedia Nixie tube

Ht7GgPj.jpeg

Last but not least the PSU for the Nixies they need up do 150 Volt...

Next update soon!!
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Very interesting.  I know others also like to see how these custom builds are built.  The IN-4 Nixie tubes link is quite interesting.  I guess I have seen these used before but didn't realize what they are all about.

eebiii
Forerunner

Great design! You should have posted some pics of what your hands looked like when you were done lol. 

I know you prob had a few cuts and scrapes working in that small form factor. 

Great Job! 

modLab
Adept II

@eebiiiyes you say it... xD

So now the frame is a little bigger than the old one so i had to split it into 4 pieces because the printer isn't big enough.

SV86URR.jpeg

The first pic you see is the cover for the LED that lights out the Vault-Tec logo and the second pic is the Nixie-Tube mount at the moment not finished yet the screw holes for the socket are missing.

9bvApmq.jpeg

LCQbrgc.jpeg

This is the construction of the on/off switch.

xfG2U5E.jpeg

FHPXyRH.jpeg

z8VD7V3.jpeg

FmbLUTI.jpeg

Now the aluminium frame.

bviUPqi.jpeg

9h5ha1p.jpeg

4nhu9Md.jpeg

InNc3XI.jpeg

YY2rpiR.jpeg

mYawVFp.jpeg

Here you see the old concept in wood and the new one in aluminum, as you can see there are small differences. lol

k8leKNS.jpeg

I81muEO.jpeg

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Wow.  So much went into your build and your skills are spot on.  Yes, please send me the link for your Voron 1.8 3D printer.  

eebiii
Forerunner

Really cool! I wish I could create more on CAD. I just dont have the patience to learn at this stage of my life. I am more of put it together in my head and build it type of guy. And my 3d printer skills are being able to find a stl file I like and adjust scale etc. 

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

This build is worthy of winning a prize somewhere, even though it didn't win the Steampunk contest.  I hope @modLab that you will seek out other modding contests.  

modLab
Adept II

@BigAl01 

I will, it's a pity that nothing came of it, I could have used the hardware

The next project is already under construction, the worklog will follow here.

About the Author
PC builder and ethusiast