cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

krispies
Journeyman III

Forza Horizon 5 Causing a Driver Timeout

I recently built a pc with a Radeon rx 6800XT, ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ram, and enough storage. Everything is going perfectly fine but when I installed Forza Horizon 5 and load it up, it lets me press the play button and starts loading in the game, but right before it loads in, my displays go out for a couple seconds, and im left to find an amd error talking about a driver timeout.  I tried reinstalling amd drivers to no avail. Im not sure if its just this specific game that this is happening to as i havent tested anywhere near as graphic intensive games as it thus far.  Anyone know what I can do?

1 Solution
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Do you have a second PCIe slot?  If so, try your RX 6800 XT in that slot.

Other things to consider:

Plug your DP cable into another DP port on the video card.

Try another DP cable.  I don't recommend using HDMI cables when trying to run high-end games.

Get into the BIOS of your motherboard and check the settings of the PCIe slots.  Are you using Gen 4?  Maybe try stepping it down to Gen 3

There is a recently introduced setting where your video card can use system memory, but I cannot remember the acronym.  If you can find that in the BIOS, try changing it to either enable or disable the setting.

Reboot after BIOS changes.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Do you have a second PCIe slot?  If so, try your RX 6800 XT in that slot.

Other things to consider:

Plug your DP cable into another DP port on the video card.

Try another DP cable.  I don't recommend using HDMI cables when trying to run high-end games.

Get into the BIOS of your motherboard and check the settings of the PCIe slots.  Are you using Gen 4?  Maybe try stepping it down to Gen 3

There is a recently introduced setting where your video card can use system memory, but I cannot remember the acronym.  If you can find that in the BIOS, try changing it to either enable or disable the setting.

Reboot after BIOS changes.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

I'm having the same issues with 7900xtx should I try the same solution or anything different? So far ive reinstalled/rolled back drivers disabled and enabled xmp run steam as admin I'm very confused I got this pc 2 months ago 

CPU Ryzen 7 7700

Mobo aourus elite ax x670

7900xtx xfx merc 310

32gb 6000mhz ram cl30

0 Likes
NsK_exe
Journeyman III

I'm having the same issue like you, and the game was running fine until that happens to me, it's the second time i'm facing this, maybe it's a problem from the game.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

What was the actual solution to the problem?

0 Likes

It seems that is a problem from the game, every thursday this game changes the seasonal events and usually causes some problems like drivers crashing, etc. I've played the game on the friday and it ran very good, no driver crashing.

0 Likes