Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wine-Time

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
5 7 3,897

Performance-wise, this machine is very fast.  As my main machine, I went from an AMD 3900X to the AMD 7900X CPU and I notice a difference.  The GPU in my pervious machine was the Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700X and my new GPU is the Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XT.  Big gaming upgrade for me!  More pictures on my website if you are curious.

The Thermaltake Core P3 TG Pro laid out to bear on my workbench.The Thermaltake Core P3 TG Pro laid out to bear on my workbench.

Starting the assembly process.  I was very careful with the tempered glass!Starting the assembly process. I was very careful with the tempered glass!

My first AM5 build with the pins now in the socket.My first AM5 build with the pins now in the socket.

There is joy!  First boot into the BIOS.There is joy! First boot into the BIOS.

I found some creative ways to use the Steampunk stickers.I found some creative ways to use the Steampunk stickers.

Modding the jewelry box to accommodate the Pentode USB flash drives.Modding the jewelry box to accommodate the Pentode USB flash drives.

Wine-Time installed and operational.  Note I have a glass of wine to celebrate.Wine-Time installed and operational. Note I have a glass of wine to celebrate.

Pirate gold and clock gears spilling out of the jewelry box / treasure chest.Pirate gold and clock gears spilling out of the jewelry box / treasure chest.

Listing of system specs:  AMD Ryzen 9 7900X CPU, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wi-Fi AM5 motherboard, G. Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 64 GB (2 X 32 GB) DDR5 6000 RAM, Corsair iCUE H150i Elite LCD XT liquid CPU cooler, Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XT GPU, Seasonic Vertex GX-1200W 80+ Gold PSU, and Thermaltake Core P3 TG Pro mid-tower case

7 Comments
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

The build is looking really cool.
Corsair has now fancy magnetic fans but you managed to get those cables managed!

Wine Celebration?

I was so starving after my build it was like... "is Domino's Open?"

EDIT: BTW You have so much good photos in your website.

This one brought me so many memories..

johnnyenglish_0-1688772852703.png

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Thank you @johnnyenglish .  I created that website early on in my modding career when I found that other sites hosting your photos couldn't be relied upon.  Some went belly up and there went your photos.  I have paid for my domain for around 23 years now.  I use it for vacation websites, hosting pictures for others, supporting two forums (Wine Lovers Forum and our Springfield Glen HOA forum).  

Tonight will be a wine dinner with a few neighbors coming over.  We do this a few times a year and we are talking about $100+ bottles.  I'll be grilling tonight and it's all about the nice dinner and wine as we catch up on each others lives.

eebiii
Forerunner

Great Job! @BigAl01 

Nice and clean. Looks fantastic!

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Thank you @eebiii .  This build is running well with no issues.  That's what I like the most about it.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I love the "treasure box". So many great builds in this contest. Kudos.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Thank you @cpurpe91 .  I am very happy to be in the 'top 3' for the contest.

Angeluk
Challenger

"Vertex GX-1200W 80+ Gold PSU" You could go with 750 watts, or 850 watts worst case scenario,  1.2kw sounds like a waste of money to me Children are hungry in Africa