Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Lanwee
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5900x low stress test scores

Hello,

I have been having issues stress testing my ryzen 5900x, and it's very noticeable in games as well. On time spy it scores around 10500 +/-. After reading online the average is 13700 +. My old ryzen 3900 gets a 11500 score.

I bought a prebuild PC where I chose the components my self. This company has a very good reputation and the attention to detail with cable management etc you can tell they do a very good job.

But as I logged in  to play, I noticed almost straight away that something was not right so I went ahead and stress tested it. I reinstalled the bios, made sure my ram was set to 3600 in the bios, did the thingy where you pull out the battery in the motherboard and waited 5 minutes, reinstalled windows, ryzen master with the auto OC and some other stuff.

So I returned the computer and ordered a different build, but with the same CPU. And yet again, I'm facing the same issue..
I read about windows 11 slowing down AMD cpus, and with the new chipset update + windows update I got excited and thought for sure that was the issue. So I updated everything, but nothing... Still the same issue.

Please, does anyone have any suggestions? I'll post my spec here:

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Midi-Tower

ASUS GeForce RTX3080TI ROG Strix OC

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Prosessor

Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz 32GB

Corsair Force Series MP600 1TB M.2 SSD

Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD

ASUS ROG Strix X570-F GAMING, S-AM4

Corsair HX850, 850W PSU

Windows 11 Home

0 Likes