cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Fiesta
Adept I

PC Overheating? Ryzen 9 7950x3d hitting above 80c and then shuts down

Those problems have persisted as well as my multiple attempts to get Ryzen Master to initialize consistently are not working. I have BIOS updated the PC, to the most recent BIOS, 2413.

My CPU isa still idling at around 55, it will go to 80, and then jump up and then the PC will shut down. after updating the BIOS the max temp went up from 80 to now it shows 89 listed. but while it was operating below 89 it shut down again. 

The only time I have been able to initialize Ryzen Master is immediately after install. or when I uninstall the program, restart the program, reinstall, and then it has an initial boot install. I am not sure of other steps to take to get it to initialize consistently.

I reseated the fan and checked that there was some thermal paste on it. all of it seemed to check out to me, there was thermal paste and the fan was appropriately tightened. but it still seems to be running hot.

In Ryzen Master, which has been very spotty, it is currently showing the max temp as 89c. after some updates. which previously it showed the temp max as 80. how would I change the max temp the PC operates at? so I can set it lower so that the PC throttles sooner? I know this is not a permanent solution to get full PC efficiency while running things. but this feels at least like a mild workaround.

It would probably also be useful to me to know, what is the average or common operating temperature one can expect on the Ryzen 9 7950x3d CPU?

Any help is appreciated,  If you have any additional questions please ask. 

0 Likes
0 Replies