cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

NeoGhiNi
Adept I

AMD 7600X overheating

Hi, I installed my new computer two weeks ago. 

I've noticed that when gaming at Cyberpunk 2077, the processor overheats up to 95º.

PC Specs:
- Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX V2
- CPU: Ryzen 5 7600X with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
- CPU Cooler: Mars Gaming MCPUBK Disipador CPU TDP 160W
- RAM: 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6400MHz
- SSD: Team Group Cardea A440 M.2 PCIe Gen4 NVMe 1TB

- GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 GRE Gaming

I've been checking this forum and I've seen that some users have chosen to lower the processor voltage.

I'll try reducing the CPU usage to 90%, but I find it unfortunate to have to resort to this solution with a new processor.

0 Likes
1 Solution

NeoGhiNi, I was just saying that there is no information in the Cinebench screenshot other than the score of interest. I would like to have seen a screenshot of all of RM not obscured by other suff. No big deal, there was enough info in what you posted to conclude you need a new cooler. There may be an air cooler that is better than yours, perhaps with a push/pull fan setup. Thanks and enjoy, John.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

NeoGhiNi, 95C is the maximum temperature for the 7600X. What are you using to measure temperature? Please DL Ryzen Master (RM) here. Please post a screenshot of RM running Cinebench R24 Multicore. Also do a Clear CMOS and stay out of BIOS until we figure out what is going on. Thanks and enjoy, John.

Hi misterj, I use the AMD Adrenaline sw to measure temperature. I check the temperature just now runing ciberbench R24 with the AMD Ryzen Master aplication, and the results are equals.

Here's a screenshot of the results of Cinebench and the temperature while runing the test :

NeoGhiNi_0-1715285657177.png

NeoGhiNi_1-1715285720475.png

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Thanks for the screenshots @NeoGhiNi, based on the image of Ryzen Master showing 95°C temp at 87% of 142W PPT (123W) and only 1.26V confirms that your Mars Gaming MCPUBK Disipador cooler can not handle a 160W TDP load as claimed by the manufacturer.

Aside from purchasing a better cooler you could also use Curve Optimizer to reduce the voltage, the processor will likely run cooler and perform better without compromising stability.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

Thanks FunkZ I'll try this afternoon  to reduce the voltage and see the results.

What do you recommend? 1.1V would it be okay?

0 Likes

Here's a Optimum YT Video on using PBO to set voltage, thermal and power limits on the 7000 series Ryzen. If you are concerned about temperature and power usage give this a look.

0 Likes

NeoGhiNi, you RM screenshot shows throttling due to temperature. AMD recommends a liquid cooler for best performance. Looks like you need a better cooler. BTW, I have seen plenty of Cinebench screenshots. The score is of value-how does yours compare to other 7600X processors? Thanks and enjoy, John.

Thanks John, for the next CPU I'll consider the option of liquid cooler.

I don't know about other values. That was the first time I had used a benchmark.

0 Likes

NeoGhiNi, I was just saying that there is no information in the Cinebench screenshot other than the score of interest. I would like to have seen a screenshot of all of RM not obscured by other suff. No big deal, there was enough info in what you posted to conclude you need a new cooler. There may be an air cooler that is better than yours, perhaps with a push/pull fan setup. Thanks and enjoy, John.

FunkZ
Paragon

I was not familiar with that Mars Gaming MCPUBK Disipador cooler but looking at the spec sheet, with its small, single tower, 4 heatpipe and single 110mm fan, that 160W TDP rating they assign is a bit of wishful thinking.

That said, reaching temperatures up to 95°C while gaming is not necessarily a problem as the processor is designed to operate up to that temp. However if you happen to have Ryzen Master installed and a multi-core benchmark such as Cinebench, run both and post a screenshot showing what core voltage is being applied by the motherboard.

Aside from purchasing a better cooler you could also use Curve Optimizer to reduce the voltage, the processor will likely run cooler and perform better without compromising stability.

Experiencing overheating issues with a new processor can be frustrating, especially when it's impacting your gaming experience. Let's troubleshoot the issue and explore potential solutions to address the overheating problem with your AMD Ryzen 5 7600X processor.