Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Awpidar
Adept I

7950x3D Spike to shutdown while closing a application

Hi!

So i have a weird situation here. 
My 7950x3D spikes to 89 and Sometimes shutdowns while closing Cinema4D. 
Today I installed a new 7950x3D because I thought it’s the cpu but no. Still the same issue. With my CPU before I couldn’t do a PBO negative higher then 5.

Now with the new one I run stable -25.

But still I get the spike sometimes and my PC shuts down. 

Cooler is the h150i Elite 

asus rog strix x670e-e

case is hyte y70 

96gb 6000 Ram 

What could be the issue ? I have no clue !

idle is most of the time at 47-50

15 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Awpidar, please do a Clear CMOS, make sure you are not running any third party applications for boosting performance, especially MB vendor utilities and see if that helps. Please run Cinebench R24 Multicore and post a screenshot (only) of Ryzen Master (RM). Thanks and enjoy, John.

EDIT: Please look in your Event Viewer and post the Basic tab of any relevant Critical errors.

Cleared the CMOS. 

No applications that boost something are running.

Here is a Screenshot of the Viewer and RM while running Cinebench 2024 Multicore.Screenshot_1.png

Edit: My Problem with the spike only came when closing C4D. And it only happens sometimes so not every time im closing a project. 

Been of my PC for some time and left it in dekstop idle. Now it just freezed and the same error showed up in the  Viewer.

Awpidar_0-1715880483344.png

Thanks, Awpidar. Select each of the critical errors and select the Basic tab and post that. Your performance is being limited by throttling due to CPU power (Red Meter in RM). Next time please post only one image at a time. Please do not run the curve optimizer after Clear CMOS. Thanks and enjoy, John.

Screenshot_1.png

 Is this correct?

PBO is disabled.

0 Likes

Thanks, Awpidar. Very close:

Screenshot_01.png

Change to BASIC tab, please. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Awpidar_0-1715889800412.png

0 Likes

Thanks, Awpidar. No useful information here. Please try this. Go to Event Viewer-System, then in the right screen Filter Current Logs... Select only Critical. See if you can find one with a Bugcheck Code in the BASIC tab and post it. I also suggest you contact your MB vendor and discuss the problem with them. Thanks, John.

EDIT: This user thinks this is a solution. I am skeptical.

0 Likes
Awpidar
Adept I

Nothing useful found in the viewer. 
For now I installed a fresh windows with fresh drivers. Tried to recreate the spike scenario a few times and nothing happened. 
I will keep an eye on this because it may come back. 
Also I run cinebench but RM results were the same. Benchscore was actually lower then before. I don’t know why but I only did one bench so can’t tell. 

0 Likes

Awpidar, have you always downloaded your AMD drivers from here? Always get drivers from the manufacturer never the MB vendor. I suspect you were running with a some optimized parameters. Hope it holds! Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Problem is still there. Nothing changed. I will try the solution of the other user. If this doenst help me i will probably return my MB and go with another brand. Just need to figure out the perfect MB for this system.

0 Likes

Sounds like a good plan to me, but you might try to get an RMA from your MB vendor. John.

0 Likes

First which Radiator size you have for your Corsair AIO Elite CPU Cooler?  (240, 280 or 360MM) ?

The reason why I am asking because you need a powerful AIO CPU Cooler to prevent your processor from going above its Maximum Operating Temperature of 89c.  I would think you would need the 280MM or the 360MM Radiator h150i Elite CPU Cooler a processor with a TDP rating of 120 Watts.

Also I presume you don't have an PCIe GPU card install but using your Processor's IGPU instead correct?

I would download and run OCCT and run all three tests to see if your AIO CPU Cooler is powerful enough from preventing your processor from overheating. Especially the PSU and CPU Tests. 

Check, while running the tests, for Temperature, Fan Speeds, and PSU Outputs for any abnormalities.

If the processor starts overheating than you have a AIO CPU Cooler issue that needs to be troubleshot unless it is under-powered for your processor.

0 Likes

Hi

Its a 360mm AIO.

No, im only using my Main GPU. 

It wont overheat while gaming or doing benchmarks. Its ONLY when closing C4D after saving.

Then the CPU spikes instantly up to maximum of 89 and sometimes it will shut down.

Got a new MB installed today. ASROCK x670e Taichi.. 

but the problem is still here.

I have no idea what causes this spike. Got a new 7950x3D and a new MB now..

Hi Awpidar

IMO you should focus your attention on Windows and C4D Preferences, my little collaboration to your OP:

1 - Follow the first steps in this tutorial below to change to Adjust for best performance on Windows, are practically the same steps on 10 and 11

2 - Review the Preferences in Cinema4D in depth, a small change may be the solution

3 - While you are trying to find your solution, open a support request to Maxon and Microsoft simultaneously, I have never used C4D but I guess that you have paid for a license, so you deserve custom support

Good luck and will be a pleasure to read your discoveries and solutions