cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Nekropl
Journeyman III

RX 6700 XT high performance drops

About half a year ago I started to have a problem that the image starts to work somewhere around 15 fps, it lasts somewhere around 10 seconds, and then disappears again. And this happens both in games and just when actively using the computer. Especially active it manifests itself when I often press alt tab, but in games sometimes enough and one time that everything began to slow down, for some reason the frequency of my video card at such times drops from the usual 2600 under load to 100-200, I do not know what to do, nowhere and no one has seen such a problem.
My specs:
RX 6700 XT Red Devil
Ryzen 5 5600
32 GB RAM
Gigabyte b450 gaming x

0 Likes
4 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

What power supply make/model are you using?

Are you running any cable extenders INSIDE your case? .. ie .. PCIe riser cable ..etc

Is your motherboard's BIOS up to date?

Generally good practice to run separate power cables from your power supply to each power input on your GPU

Do you have the latest AM4 chipset drivers installed from AMD.com website?

What speed is your RAM actually running at in Windows?

How are your CPU and GPU temps?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

I'm using Chieftec A80 CTG650C;
I'm not running any cable extenders;
My BIOS is up to date;
Just checked, I don't have the latest chipset version installed, the latest is 6.02.07.2300 and I have 6.01.25.342 installed;

My RAM is running at 3200 MHz
my cpu and gpu temperatures are normal, gpu is around 60-65 under load and ~85 hotspot, cpu don't know, but in still condition it's around 35

0 Likes

Chieftec A80 CTG650C

https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

– Tier E • Avoid

• Chieftec | Photon Bronze CTG-C-RGB – Task TPS-S – Force CPS-S – APB-8B – APS-C <=650W – APS-CB <=650W – APS-S – APS-SB – GPA-S8 – GPB-S – GPC-S – GPE-S – GPS-A8 – ELP-S – SFX-BS – PSF-B

Minimum requirement for a 6700Xt is 650wtt .. a decent 650wtt unit .. and I'd run separate power cables from the power supply to each power input on your GPU

Red Devil's are usually clocked higher than reference which requires a higher power draw

I'd say .. replace your power supply with a quality 750wtt 80+ Gold or better rated unit. 

IF no damage has already been done to the card, THEN a better PSU will probably cure your woes

IF you can "borrow" a better PSU for testing .. then you'd know 

...and knowing is half the battle!

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Unfortunately I don't have the money to buy a new power supply right now, I can't borrow one from someone else either, I thought maybe this problem is hidden somewhere in the settings of something, but apparently not, thanks for the info

0 Likes