cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Kit ryzen 4700s the fan turns to maximum, it does not give an image and a red light comes on.

Hello, how are you doing? I have a 4700s kit that they told me they updated the bios and it stopped working. I turn on the connector and the fan turns to maximum, it does not give an image and a red light comes on. I need help since I only see that one comment on a post everywhere is the same and I can't find the solution

4 Replies
DipakJ27
Adept III

The red light typically indicates a hardware issue, and the fact that the fan is turning to maximum speed suggests that the CPU is overheating.

I would recommend trying the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Make sure that all of the power connectors are securely plugged in.
  2. This includes the power connector from the motherboard to the CPU, as well as any additional power connectors that may be required.
  3. Check the CPU for any damage.
  4. This includes checking for any bent or broken pins on the CPU socket.
  5. Reset the BIOS.
  6. This can be done by removing the CMOS battery for a few minutes or by using the BIOS reset jumper on the motherboard.
  7. Update the BIOS to the latest version.
  8. This can be done by downloading the latest BIOS update from the manufacturer's website and following the instructions on how to install it.

If the problem persists, then you may need to replace the CPU or the motherboard.

I hope this helps!

Dipakjadhav
0 Likes

This kit comes with the CPU and RAM built into the board. I already tried to restart the bios and nothing. They tried to update the bios and after that it stopped working It doesn't give an image, I can't access the bios either I can't reset it using cmos or anything like that There are some posts that the same thing happened to them but I didn't see that they solved it

Did you solve the problem? I have the same thing. Update Bios C09 to C0A.

0 Likes

See if a User from this very long thread on the 4700s Kit can help you: https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/lack-of-support-for-cardinal-4700s-desktop-kit/m-p/...

0 Likes