cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

erikovick
Adept II

Your hardware settings have changed.on 24.4.1

Hello i have this problem "your hardware settings have changed. Please reboot your computer..."

I update  adrenaline driver 23.12.1 (stable) for last 24.4.1 and get this error on every boot.

i have done clena install with ddu

gpu rx 7700xt pure

system w10 64 bits

board msi b550 tomahawk

0 Likes
9 Replies
BigBeard
Adept I

Try rolling back the driver. If it works, disable driver updates in Windows update and sit 24 out until it works.

Yes, I have rolled back to version 23.12.1 and I have no problems, the problem is with this driver, even the osd does not show the CPU temp, when I open the Ryzen master it has values ​​of 0 and how is it that I have to wait 24 hours?

0 Likes

Alright, if rolling back works for you then you are actually relatively lucky. For me the problem just escalated from there and no amount of rolling back could fix it. Just lock in 23.12.1 and accept that 24 is not for you just yet. It shouldn't have to be like this but it's better than having a computer that won't even work.

432hz
Adept III

I had same problem with 24.x.x and Resizable BAR enabled in BIOS, except the message stopped appearing after 3 reboots. The message would not appear with Resizable BAR disabled.

With 23.12.1 and Resizable BAR enabled in BIOS, the message only appeared 1 time. I ended up staying on 23.12.1 and disabling Resizable BAR because it was causing intermittent Windows lag, BIOS lag, and in-game issues.

RX 6800 • Intel 12600k • G.Skill 6000 32GB • MSI B760M Mortar

Wow, so the driver that was supposed to be one of the good ones wasn't like that...? It seems to me a tremendous failure on the part of amd

0 Likes

There certainly appears to be a significant difference with the ReBAR implementation in 24.x.x and 23.12.1 drivers since 24.x.x requires 3x reboots (at least on my system) and 23.12.1 only requires 1.

I haven't seen anyone else have the issues I have with ReBAR, so perhaps it's my mobo or some combination of my hardware that's causing the issue.

0 Likes

Well, I have that problem that every time I restart I get that and the reading problems with Ryzen Master that shows me values ​​of 0. I don't think it's hardware problems, but rather the code itself... I opened a ticket with Amd Care, I hope Let's see what they say knowing the response time... because it is tiring to be testing drivers and configurations to see what the problem could be....

In your case, it must already be a register problem and that is usually fixed with a clean installation of the OS but we know that it is not pleasant to do it, especially for those of us who have little free time

0 Likes

Yeah, when I first built the pc, I tried every possible combination to rule out software, reformatting my SSD and clean installing Windows each time, and still had the same issue each time (24.x.x = 3x reboot, 23.12.1 = 1x reboot). I still need to open a ticket with my mobo manufacturer about it, but since I don't need ReBAR, I haven't gotten around to it yet.

For your Ryzen master displaying 0, do you have the latest chipset drivers from AMD installed?

Now that I think about it, I have the one from msi but not the one from the amd page... to install the new version do I have to uninstall the previous one...?

0 Likes