cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

FSHenrique
Journeyman III

Radeon 7650M drivers compatible with Windows 10

I turn to the community, but let it reach someone with a decision.

I and many others have notebooks that use a discrete Radeon 7650m graphics processor. The problem is that AMD decided to make this graphics processor legacy and no longer supports updated drivers... this is causing a huge problem, as the machines work very well while still running different processors, in my case a Core i7 3236QM with 16Gb of Corsair RAM in an HP Probook 4441s. It's a good enough system to work with everything needed under Windows 10 in an office.
Just one problem... the AMD 7650M graphics card! The current driver makes the machine have 100% CPU most of the time, stopping system interruptions and leaving the machine absurdly slow, making it impossible to use the machine with the 7650M turned on in the BIOS.
I ask for myself, and I think all users who have laptops with 7650M: do a last driver update for Windows 10 for the 7650M... it is the last version of Windows that these machines will be able to run, and this way we will be able to enjoy the machine in its full potential until the end of its useful life without any problems!

Sincerely,

Flávio Santos
Portugal - PT

0 Likes
1 Reply
FunkZ
Forerunner

While it is great that your HP ProBook 4441s is still running well for you, after 12 years it is likely already at the end of its useful life. The HD 7650M was released in January 2012. The HP ProBook 4441s itself came with Windows 7 originally and the HP supplied AMD graphics driver is also from 2012. HP does not even offer an AMD graphics driver for Windows 10 which brings to question whether HP supports that configuration. Here is the HP support page for the ProBook 4441s.

https://support.hp.com/si-en/drivers/hp-probook-4441s-notebook-pc/5229492

AMD has driver versions for the HD 7650M for Windows 10. Catalyst 15.7.1 is the last WHQL available from 2015. There is also a beta version 16.2.1 from 2016. Have you tried either of these versions? Here is the download link:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/downloads/drivers.html/graphics/radeon-hd/radeon-hd-7000m-series/amd-...

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes