Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MisterL
Adept I

Notebook Congelado!!

Hola Chicos, 

primero que todo comentar que hay un post muy parecido al que haré pero no hubo solución para aquella persona así que haré el mio apelando a su ayuda

Me compre este notebook TUF fx505dy, hasta ahi todo perfecto, lo tengo hace aproximadamente 5 meses y jamás de los jamases me tiro algun tipo de error, el problema radica en que el computador viene por defecto con las tarjetas de video pero no tiene una interfaz donde se pueda configurar ciertas cosas por lo que me baje Radeon Adrenalin y listo. Instale el SW, todo muy bonito, muy amigable, pero desde ese momento me comenzo a fallar el computador, se queda congelado de la nada y porque si de vez en cuando, a pasado cuando juego LOL, cuando cambio pantalla con alt+tab o a veces cuando trato de guardar un archivo. No tengo idea como puedo ver que es lo que esta causando esto, no se si solo tendrá que ver la actualizacion de los drivers de video o como dijo el chico del otro post, algun tipo de conflicto con no se, un chipset AMD que instale este software.

Hice una semi formateada (la clasica reparacion de SO) y esta funcionando bien, trate de instalar denuevo adrenalin y se congelo. Se que si no instalo eso ira bien pero no es la idea ya que si en algun momento necesito actualizar la tarjeta de video tendré problemas.

Quedo atenot y muchisimas gracias

0 Likes
9 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

This is a user to user English language only Support Forum.

0 Likes

EDITED:

Hello guys,

First of all, comment that there is a post very similar to the one I will make but there was no solution for that person so I will make my own appealing to their help

I bought this TUF fx505dy notebook, so far everything is perfect, I have it for about 5 months and never ever did I throw any kind of error, the problem is that the computer comes by default with the video cards but it does not have an interface where you can configure certain things so I download Radeon Adrenalin and that's it. Install the SW, all very nice, very friendly, but from that moment my computer started to crash, it freezes out of nowhere and because if from time to time, it happened when I play LOL, when I change screen with alt + tab or times when I try to save a file. I have no idea how I can see what is causing this, I do not know if you will only have to see the update of the video drivers or as the guy from the other post said, some kind of conflict with I don't know, an AMD chipset that I installed this software.

I did a semi formatted (the classic OS repair) and it is working fine, I tried to install adrenalin again and it froze. I know that if I do not install that it will be fine but it is not the idea since if at some point I need to update the video card I will have problems.

I stay tuned and thank you very much

0 Likes

hi - i would suggest a fresh Win10 20H2 install ;)

if you dont want that do these steps:
1. disable Win10 auto-driver-install & reboot
2. delete C:/AMD
3. update Win10 to 20H2
4. install Chipset-driver from ASUS supportpage of your Notebook
5. install 20.12.1 OR install ASUS graphics driver for your notebook and then 20.12.1

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

Thank you ben for taking the time to help me.

first of all sorry for me english but i dont find any spanish community...

So, the problem was for some incomatibility between the chipset and the driver video, so i had to back to a past recovery point. All is working fine now but i want to download the latest radeon adrenalin...How i can be sure it wont be freezing again because of it?

Any steps that i can do for assure this?

maybe the steps 2,3

then install chipset from ASUS and finally trying to use radeon adrenalin again?

what do you think? 

0 Likes

1. update Win10 to 20H2 (fully)
2. disable Win10 auto-driver-install & reboot
3. delete C:/AMD
4. install Chipset driver from OEM
5. install GPU driver from OEM
6. install 20.12.1 from AMD

this should work

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS

Thx again ben,

i will do that, but first, can you tell me what is that of OEM? or where i search it? i dont find nothing about that, sorry

0 Likes

your OEM is ASUS! ;)

0 Likes

ooooooh i got it OEM = original equipment manufacturer!

Well, all my drivers and controllers i was downloading from that page before (https://www.asus.com/in/Laptops/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-FX505DY/HelpDesk_Download/)

The problem was from all that available stuff there are nothing about the...apu? for that i was wondering what version and where download the adrenalin software and now i know :D

so, now that i have everything i should follow the 5 steps you told me earlier right?

again, thx u very much for have the patience.

First of all..this is a new laptop. You should be getting all your updates from the manufacturer...not AMD. https://www.asus.com/in/Laptops/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-FX505DY/HelpDesk/

With laptop APUs you update the APU...not the graphics drivers. https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-mobile-processors-radeon-vega-gr...

0 Likes