cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Draxirch
Challenger

AMD Bug Reporting for KINGDOM HEARTS

Lets all post the crash bugs in this thread. I will break them down by game.

Further more I have reported several of these via the bug reporting tool. I have come to the conclusion that there are no consistent work arounds for these issues and must be addressed by AMD themselves. The issue lies in Direct X12 as certain games that run DX12 are having issues.

Across all games = Change resolution settings midgame = Crash

Kingdom Hearts FINAL MIX

Playing at a resolution above 720p results in a crash if you skip the cutscene before destiny Islands. If you put refresh rate on you will crash if you pause and unpause the game.

Kingdom Hearts Rechain of Memories

Playing at a resolution above 720p results in more crashes. Locking fps to 60 or 120 results in a crash if you try to battle any heartless on the map. If you try to save after exiting and entering a room you will usually crash.

Kingdom Hearts II FINAL MIX

Playing at a resolution above 720p can cause crashing more frequently. If you choose to watch cutscenes for your playthrough you will crash on the cutscene where Namine first meets Roxas, but you will also crash on the cutscene where Kairi and Selphie are talking about Sora and Riku. I also crash when pausing and unpausing at times. You will run into a crash simply by entering and exiting a train in Twilight Town.

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX

Playing at a resolution above 720p can cause crashing more frequently. The tutorial is liable to crash without putting refresh rate on. Without Refresh Rate on the game is a stuttery unplayable mess.

Send as many bug reports to AMD via the Bug Report Tool, it's high time these crashes were addressed! It us unacceptable how unstable this is on AMD Radeon RX7000 series GPUs.

What's the point of fixes if you ignore the other issues that are being reported?

56 Replies

That's just not a fix

There are dozens of people reporting this for say, WoW in the WoW forums, all with different machines and different setups

The only thing in common between all of them? 7000 series AMD GPUs

The "fix"? To not use DX12.

It's just an AMD issue

Maybe for your system that works for some other reason, the problem here is the graphics card/drivers

0 Likes

your right we are cutting our cards in half performance  this is not a solution .

and like before its crashing again

0 Likes

EssayMavens academic support services have received excellent reviews from students in diverse locations.

0 Likes

Can't do that with the Rog Ally.

I have faith that AMD will deliver on the goods though, and DirectX 12 games such as Kingdom Hearts HD and World of Warcraft may get the fix they deserve in a future driver update.

0 Likes

hope they do for you! but there is several posts from over a year ago about bf 2042 crashing still has not been fixed

0 Likes

I'm hoping so too, they just need to address the Direct X12 issues I think as a whole to unravel these crashes.

As they said it just might take time.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

In the meantime I think I'll play my KH fix on the stand alone 1.5 and 2.5 collections.

30 fps, but perfectly functional.

Hope this does get fixed so I can enjoy the fluidness of the 60 fps gameplay in a crash free environment.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

It seems a few people also eagerly await the news too.

Keep us updated if you can!

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

I've seen people talk about how it's Adrenaline at fault but it's just not the case with KH without without Adrenaline it crashes.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

That's cute, Rechain of Memories crashed while it was idle.

Welp if I cant play it and leave it alone this game is by FAR the worst offender of crashes.

0 Likes
dezzab
Journeyman III

hi,

been having the exact same issues here, constant driver timeouts on all of the above games and have been sending error reports for a few months now.

AMD RYZEN 5 3600

RX 7700XT 12gb

16gb Ram

all chipsets and drivers are updated and this is the only game i struggle to be able to play. every other game from square I can run perfectly, but with KH1 and 2 remix collection just crashes. iv tried all methods in getting temporary fixes but even then i get 5 minutes in after a cutscene and my drivers timeout and im left hanging with black screen. been hoping for a fix in the last few driver updates since November but alas nothing. 

hopefully someone does do something soon, as iv tried to temp fix it for so long now I cant even refund it :(.

kind regards

0 Likes
Heradi
Journeyman III

Did something happen to this problem already? Last reply seems to be 2 weeks ago. And I have also crashes in the game with my Radeon RX 7700 XT

0 Likes

Nothing yet. Stay tuned though.

There may be updates to this soon.

Your post further proves the issue is related to RX7000's.

skins20
Adept I

I have exactly the same problems with my RX 7900 XT, impossible to play Kh1fm,kh2fm,khrechain without freezing in the middle of the game or cinematics.

I had to use the poor integrated 7800X3D to run them without problems, but lowering the resolution a lot, that's not funny having a connected GPU of almost 800$(7900xt). I just got to the evocation route in KHFM2 and even with 7800X3D the game freezes when I face one of the organization every 30min.

It really worries me that when looking for a solution to this I'm only finding your posts, and not anyone else's. Really nobody has a RX7000 with the kh that is reporting the problem? I hope your efforts and your insistence are not in vain. It's not very funny to have an $800 gpu and laptop and not be able to run your favorite game from over 20 years ago. It's not funny at all;

I hope they fix everything soon, before I suffer finishing the entire package at low resolution in the apu.
0 Likes

Maybe in the upcoming months we will get something...

0 Likes
dank_santa
Journeyman III

I have been closely following this issue aswell since I was really looking forward to playing but I crash consistently at the Clayton Cutscene when initiating the fight. Hope this gets resolved soon, since I am already waiting for over a year for this to get fixed.

0 Likes
dezzab
Journeyman III

There's now a report button on KH collection page on EPIC, one labelled faulty or broken. Iv done so. hopefully we hear back soon.

0 Likes