Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Chrissy8283
Adept II

Amd Adrenaline Default Settings allows my GPU to OC way too high

Hello!

I have a: "ASRock Phantom Gaming RX 7900 XTX OC"
It's designed to boost up to 2615MHZ

I already swapped it out once, because i kept getting BLACK SCREENS, FPS DROPS and STUTTERS.
I recently found out, why it happens!

First i thought, it was due to my Powersupply, but no it's not! Because the GPU could draw up to 490W without any problems and when i limited it to 320W the crashes also happened.

Then i saw, that it clocked up to 2800MHZ, and sometimes even 2900MHZ and rarely over 3000MHZ...
Everytime the Clock was HIGH and the POWER Usage was HIGH, I kept Clock Drops thus power usage drops thus lags or even if it was extrem black screens.

Now that i enabled "Performance Tuning" in Adrenaline (latest version: 24.1.1) and enabled clock rate advanced tuning.
The default value, popping up when turning from 100% to mhz version is always between 2850 and 2950. (it's randomly between that)

Obviously that's way too high.

So i limit it to 2650Mhz (more than advertised from the manufacturer) and now i haven't got any issues at all!!!

When i do automatic overclocking, it clocks the gpu to 3100-3200mhz... no way an air cooled GPU could handle that forever...

Please AMD fix that!!!!!

Sincerely

2 Replies
Chrissy8283
Adept II

Here is a Video which proofs that. (Note I have the Language set to GERMAN)

0 Likes
ReViolent
Adept I

I have the same problem with my Powercolor 7900xtx Hellhound. 
Adrenaline defaults to "Max Frequency (MHz): 2915".
My card is rated listed with max boost 2525MHz. 
Result is 100-110 degrees celsius on Helldivers 2 intro movie.
Whenever the graphic drivers crash it always defaults back to 2915MHz.
Max fan speed also defaults to max 40%.

0 Likes