Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Resources

blazek
Volunteer Moderator

How to change your avatar

Hello, Red Team,

Changing your avatar is an easy way to personalize your community identity. You can change your avatar as often as you like. Your current avatar appears at the top of the Avatar page.

Here are the steps:

1. Click on “My Settings” found in the dropdown menu under your current/default avatar (top-right corner of the page).
  2. Click on the “Avatars” tab.
  3. Click on either “From the Community” or “From My Albums” to select an existing image, or click on the “Upload an Avatar” link to upload an image from your computer.
  4. Click on the “Save” button.

Note: Images can be jpeg and png and should be 50 x 50 pixels.

I hope you find the above information helpful; feel free to contact me via Private Messenger with any questions you may have! I’m here to help. (To send a private message, simply click on the Mail/Envelope icon located next to your avatar).

3 Replies

Great tip, thank you! 😀 

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
0 Likes

I've often wondered why our avatars are limited to such a small size (50 x 50 pixels); If we went with 100 x 100 pixels, it would better match my ego.  

My son Tom drew this for me many years ago.My son Tom drew this for me many years ago.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

@BigAl01 LOL! 😂

That's a great drawing that your son made! The shading, the hair, the eyebrows(!!), and the wrinkles/age lines - it's all very well done. 🙂 

I agree that bigger avatar sizes would be a bit nicer in theory (pun intended alongside your Einstein references, lol), but not sure how they'd look ultimately in the grand scheme of the layout. Definitely something to think about.

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •