cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

starswallower
Journeyman III

what do i do after disabling windows auto updates?

i initially tried to download an amd driver and it made my pc unbearably slow and i assumed it was because i had done something wrong. So i used the utility app thing to clear my drivers then redownloaded the most recent driver for my pc and it still wasnt working right, nothing would open. SO i cleared it again and restarted my pc, then downloaded the pending updates for windows and it runs fine now but im pretty sure it gave me a windows driver so i dont really know what to do, i disabled the auto update thing for windows so what do i do now? if it matters my gpu is an rx5500

0 Likes
2 Replies
starswallower
Journeyman III

if it helps at all now my pc is running alot slower as well, i dont know what i did but helpppp

0 Likes

I would just uninstall again with DDU or amd cleanup utility. Make sure your chipset drivers are up to date aswell.

And if you want to make sure that windows does not update your driver by itself, for whatever reason, you can of course just unplug or turn off you internet connection before uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.

You could of course also disable driver updates via gpedit.msc, but that I would not recommend, because I do not know your level of expertise and I don't want you to screw something up.

0 Likes