cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Small Mod to the Workbench

My workbench cardboard cover has seen better days, especially after using a blade to cut things over the past few years - or drilling holes in pieces of metal.  Anyway, I had some boxes from two gaming chairs we gifted our son in his new townhouse, so after cutting them up, I decided that the pieces were big enough to recover the workbench.  

No exact measurements today.  I was sort of winging it, using a right-angle metal ruler and the previous cardboard cover as a guide.  I just wanted to make sure the cuts were straight, not like the ones I had made while cutting the boxes up.  It went pretty well, and after putting it onto the bare workbench, I was completely satisfied.  I even gamed for an hour, assuming I had earned the right.  

The original cardboard cover, removed from the workbench.The original cardboard cover, removed from the workbench.

The cardboard pieces I had on hand.The cardboard pieces I had on hand.

My workbench without the old cardboard cover.My workbench without the old cardboard cover.

New cardboard cover installed.New cardboard cover installed.

Time for gaming.  I am Bigal0001 on Steam; this is World of Tanks - Blitz.Time for gaming. I am Bigal0001 on Steam; this is World of Tanks - Blitz.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Replies