cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Looking for new modding ideas

I was thinking a few days ago that maybe I've been building just a few too many computers.  All these parts cost money you know.  But if I could come up with a new modding idea, perhaps I can pull the guts out of one older computer and do a build on the cheap.  But I need some new modding ideas.  More specifically, a case modding idea.  

Suggestions?  You can see what I've done in the past right here.

I volunteer my time with cat rescue activities.  I've already built a computer inside a cat carrier.  I don't want to build one inside a cat box.  But I'm open to ideas along this route.

Purrfection was built in 2019.Purrfection was built in 2019.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
3 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I am also curious about the new motherboard designs with the connections on the back of the motherboard.  Of course, that would mean that I'd be spending some money on a new motherboard, RAM and perhaps a CPU too.

I bet you need an open channel beneath the motherboard perimeter to allow access to the connectors - MB, CPU, SATA, USB, etc.I bet you need an open channel beneath the motherboard perimeter to allow access to the connectors - MB, CPU, SATA, USB, etc.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Here's a case from MSI that supports the back-connect motherboards.  Notice the cutouts needed so you can access the connections underneath the motherboard.  It costs about $110 from Amazon.  Not a bad deal at all.

MSI MAG PANO M100R PZ White Micro ATX Gaming Case, Support Back-Connect Motherboard, 270-degree Panoramic Display, 4 aRGB Fans.MSI MAG PANO M100R PZ White Micro ATX Gaming Case, Support Back-Connect Motherboard, 270-degree Panoramic Display, 4 aRGB Fans.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Still looking for some fresh ideas.  Also, has anyone built a system using a back-connect motherboard?  How did it go?

0 Likes