cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

cu2zoff
Journeyman III

Why Ryzen 5 3500U on Laptop doesn't support hardware virtualization?

I bought HP Laptop with Ryzen 5 3500U for starting development with android studio. But Ryzen 5 3500U doesn't support hardware virtualization and I can't use Android Virtual Device ((

0 Likes
3 Replies
itudor
Journeyman III

Check the option "Secure Virtual Machine" or "SVM" in BIOS and enable it .

What a pain! Same problem trying to see 64bit guests in VirtualBox. I have a Ryzen-5 2400G processor with Gigabyte UEFI model B450MDS3H ver F42 and BIOS ID: 8A16BG05. After much screwing around, here is where to find the setting: After you are in the Gigabyte UEFI main page, click on M.I.T. The select "Advanced Frequency Settings," then under that select "Advanced CPU Settings" Finally, enable SVM (secure virtual machine.) Reboot. Voila!

0 Likes

Your processor does support Virtualization as per CPU World: http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Zen/AMD-Ryzen%205%20Mobile%203500U.html 

As mentioned previously check to see if you have SVM enabled under CPU Configuration in BIOS/UEFI.

See if this Superuser Website helps you to configure your laptop to run Android Studio on your Ryzen Laptop: Running Android Studio emulator on Ryzen? - Super User 

This is a guide on how to configure your computer to run Android Simulators: Android Developers Blog: Android Emulator - AMD Processor & Hyper-V Support 

0 Likes