cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Werek
Journeyman III

WHEA Logger Event ID 18

Hey here, I am recently having trouble with WHEA Logger Event ID 18 error.

CPU: 5600X

MB: B450 AORUS PRO WIFI

RAM: 16 3600 gb

GPU: RTX 2060 

PSU: 650W

Unrecoverable hardware error.

Reported by component: processor core
Error source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor ID: 6

The details view for this entry contains more information.

This problem happens to me doing anything, playing, browsing, looking at youtuve, etc.

To be specific, I used to have an intel processor and never had these random reboot problems with that processor.

Troubleshooting:

I contacted AMD support and they suggest I take the processor to the store where I buy it and make the warranty.

(Fortunately I have my previous parts and I would not be without a PC lol)

1. I still have in my possession the rams that I used with my old PC that are of 2400 frequency (16 GB) and I change them for my 3600 rams thinking that they may be the problem, the PC again restarted out of nowhere.

2. I am thinking of buying a new power supply, since I have it for more than 6 years and reading through this forum I discovered that Ryzen processors are delicate with voltage changes and they also suggest to buy a PSU to avoid voltage swings.

I am thinking of buying a 700w Bronce minimum

3. Send the processor and motherboard for warranty

First thanks for the help and English is not my first language, sorry for the bad English.

0 Likes
7 Replies

wow yikes, thanks for share!

0 Likes
kodo28
Adept III

Are u using using PBO or Curve Optimizer ? 

0 Likes

yeah i think by default it is in auto

But can put in, auto, enable, disable and manual.

0 Likes

bios setting.PNG

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

And forgot, are your Ram sticks on the mobo QVL and/or the Mem. makers mobo list..

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
Werek
Journeyman III

HI, I apologize for not answering I'm on vacation.
With this I can use the computer more often and detect a problem.

First of all, change the power source of the computer.
I had a multi-year old, went from a 600w bronze to a 650w gold.

Apparently I thought that was the problem, but just a few minutes ago as I am writing this, the computer just had the same problem.
It restarted out of nowhere and checking the event viewer it has the same error code, since I posted this problem.

I must say during these weeks, I had not had any problems so far a few minutes ago.

Unfortunately I don't know what could be causing this, if you ask what I was doing:

- Playing Genshin Impact
- I had Chrome open with some pages; Youtube, Twitch, WhatsApp and Gmail.
- There was nothing else open in the background, no program and only what I listed above.
- There was no power outage or voltage drop (so I thought it was the original problem)

For now what will I do:

I think I will have to use the guarantee since for me it is a problem, since I am from Chile and the parts of the computer especially for a 5600X are not cheap in these parts of the world.

Unfortunately, as it is such a complicated problem to solve, I doubt that the store where I buy the components will be able to try it because it is something very random.

If anyone has a suggestion, I would greatly appreciate it

0 Likes

You don't really know you have a problem until you run in-spec.

Ryzen processors are only guaranteed BASE performance.  They are not guaranteed any sort of overclocking performance. Of course Motherboard manufacturers like to turn on Core Performance boost, and PBO.  Your problem is indicative of you running either your cores too fast, or your memory too fast.

Disable Core Performance boost,  Disable PBO so you stay in specifications.  Keep Spread Spectrum disabled, as you need the cleanest clock signals you can get.  Make sure you are running your memory at stock speeds and timing.  I highly recommend keeping Cool and Quiet enabled as it helps keep the temps down.

A lot of people will run stressors like Prime95 or Cinebench for hours trying to test their system.

Here's one thing you should keep in mind.  (It's easier to explain if I give you an example)

Someone boots a system and it idles for a while.  They then stress it for hours and have no problems.   When they stop Prime95 all of a sudden they crash.   Why?

Well when they first booted the system the chips were cold.  The MB only asked for a tiny amount of voltage for idle speeds.  The CPU handled the idle well at first.  Then they ran Prime95 and the voltage revved and the chips got hotter.  The system handled the increase speed, voltage and temps.  The user terminated Prime95 and the system crashed.   Here's the clue:  When the user terminated Prime95, the system immediately went back to idle with low frequencies and low voltage. However this time the low voltage was not good enough for idle.   Why?  Because the chips were hotter, and you need higher voltage to push through hotter chips.